Page 1932 of 2511 FirstFirst ... 9321432183218821922193019311932193319341942198220322432 ... LastLast
Results 19,311 to 19,320 of 25103

Thread: Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by alanfgag View Post
    So here is the 5X. You win some and lose some.
    Oh well, no harm done. By the way, your box is full ...

Thanks and fixed.

I would have bit on that one too.
    still reaching for that brass ring

I've never returned anything I've bought on ebay... a very nice seller, I feel a little bad. A second photo would have told all.

"A List" Customer Grizzly Adams's Avatar
    I've never returned anything I've bought on ebay... a very nice seller, I feel a little bad. A second photo would have told all.
    Alan, That looks like a nice hat, except for the small tear in the lining. Why so disappointed? I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the hat business. Does that flaw affect the value to the point of losing on the deal?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a vet.

Quyana cekneq, Neva

Toady Hat Pins

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    Alan, That looks like a nice hat, except for the small tear in the lining. Why so disappointed? I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the hat business. Does that flaw affect the value to the point of losing on the deal?
    He was hoping that it was a much older hat. Without better pics (including liner and sweatband) it was hard to evaluate the age. Knowing that the seller allowed returns, he decided to go ahead and take a chance on it (before someone else did). Now that he has the hat in hand, he can see that it's not what he had hoped. He will simply return the hat for a refund and move on.

It would be too much to pay had I been looking for a modern hat. But I was hunting for treasure. 5X Clear Beaver is a rare bird.
    Last edited by alanfgag; 03-30-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    downright ignored 3x 7 5/8
    Ignored? Still, I get your point. Looks like a nice hat at a good price. Goes to show that good vintage hats in big sizes are still out there for the picking. Are you the lucky one who "ignored" it?

"A List" Customer Grizzly Adams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zetwal View Post
    He was hoping that it was a much older hat. Without better pics (including liner and sweatband) it was hard to evaluate the age. Knowing that the seller allowed returns, he decided to go ahead and take a chance on it (before someone else did). Now that he has the hat in hand, he can see that it's not what he had hoped. He will simply return the hat for a refund and move on.
    It would be too much to pay had I been looking for a modern hat. But I was hunting for treasure. 5X Clear Beaver is a rare bird.
    Thanks, gents. I have a lot to learn!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a vet.

Quyana cekneq, Neva

Toady Hat Pins

Quote Originally Posted by zetwal View Post
    Are you the lucky one who "ignored" it?
    I'm just watching, not buying. In fact, I'm about to get all zetwal on my collection. I plan to get back down to 5 or 6, so there will be a lot of action in the Classifieds one of these weeks.