Page 1949 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 9491449184918991939194719481949195019511959199920492449 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,490 of 24493

Thread: Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by pjt113 View Post
    I talked to eBay early this morning and they showed me how to look up the buyers phone number. I called the number and talked to what sounded like the guys Mom, she was very nice. Apparently there is an old address on the account, she gave me updated address and said she'll throw the re-ship postage in the mail to me. Printed another ship label on eBay and edited the address to the updated one, should be good to go, I'll let you guys know if something blows up.

As always, thanks for the support!

That's Good!!

Mom to the rescue

Wow! Yes, guilty as charged: asleep at the switch.
    Randall

You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

Being slowly digested inside "The Crouching Monster"
    Good - vintage hats going for reasonable prices again. Maybe the fashion is on the wane, and prices are readjusting to a "normal" supply and demand pricing range, rather than the vastly inflated prices we've been seeing for 5 years or so.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. All the rest . . . comes afterwards. Albert Camus

http://baronkurtzvintage.wordpress.com/

My Mail is Forwarded Here Rick Blaine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Kurtz View Post
    ...prices are readjusting to a "normal" supply and demand pricing range, rather than the vastly inflated prices we've been seeing for 5 years or so.
    Anything is possible, I suppose.
    I am more inclined to blame timing, less than stellar auction listings & maybe the stated delivery lag from eastern Europe.

These are pre-war NOS Borsos with at least the hint (or more) of a verifiable provenance, no? Many would say these represent the zenith of 2o'th Century hat making, doggone near a "Holy Grail", IMHO. They seem to me to verge close to "it belongs in a museum" territory.

Or am I mistaken are these more common than I think?

Baron- you seem to have been at this for a while, both Stateside & on The Continent, if I am not mistaken.
    I would defer to your' assessment.
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
    Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness,
    for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

-Jules Winnfield

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    I knew there would be keen interest in this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/160779783079...ht_2063wt_1165 but the final price surprised me a little. I'd put money on it being a lounger!
    If so, nice catch!
    "I have recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    Anything is possible, I suppose.
    I am more inclined to blame timing, less than stellar auction listings & maybe the stated delivery lag from eastern Europe.

These are pre-war NOS Borsos with at least the hint (or more) of a verifiable provenance, no? Many would say these represent the zenith of 2o'th Century hat making, doggone near a "Holy Grail", IMHO. They seem to me to verge close to "it belongs in a museum" territory.

Or am I mistaken are these more common than I think?

Baron- you seem to have been at this for a while, both Stateside & on The Continent, if I am not mistaken.
    I would defer to your' assessment.
    Ummmmm.....I just thought maybe all the hat buyers had to fill up the family car at the same time

Pain at the pump

What does "NOS" stand for? I've seen it used a couple times and can't figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by pjt113 View Post
    What does "NOS" stand for? I've seen it used a couple times and can't figure it out
    NOS = new old stock
    Cheers! Nik

The meaning of additional eBay related acronyms can be found here,

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/acronyms.html