Page 1949 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 9491449184918991939194719481949195019511959199920492449 ... LastLast
Results 19,481 to 19,490 of 24493

Thread: Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

  1. #19481
    Practically Family
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast Florida
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by pjt113 View Post
    I talked to eBay early this morning and they showed me how to look up the buyers phone number. I called the number and talked to what sounded like the guys Mom, she was very nice. Apparently there is an old address on the account, she gave me updated address and said she'll throw the re-ship postage in the mail to me. Printed another ship label on eBay and edited the address to the updated one, should be good to go, I'll let you guys know if something blows up.

    As always, thanks for the support!

    That's Good!!


    Mom to the rescue

  2. #19482
    I'll Lock Up randooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ukiah, California
    Posts
    4,758
    Wow! Yes, guilty as charged: asleep at the switch.
    Randall

  3. #19483
    I'll Lock Up hatophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere south of crazy
    Posts
    7,191
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

    Lyle Lovett

  4. #19484
    I'll Lock Up Baron Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being slowly digested inside "The Crouching Monster"
    Posts
    12,794
    Good - vintage hats going for reasonable prices again. Maybe the fashion is on the wane, and prices are readjusting to a "normal" supply and demand pricing range, rather than the vastly inflated prices we've been seeing for 5 years or so.

    There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. All the rest . . . comes afterwards. Albert Camus

    http://baronkurtzvintage.wordpress.com/

  5. #19485
    My Mail is Forwarded Here Rick Blaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hillbilly Heaven
    Posts
    3,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Kurtz View Post
    ...prices are readjusting to a "normal" supply and demand pricing range, rather than the vastly inflated prices we've been seeing for 5 years or so.
    Anything is possible, I suppose.
    I am more inclined to blame timing, less than stellar auction listings & maybe the stated delivery lag from eastern Europe.

    These are pre-war NOS Borsos with at least the hint (or more) of a verifiable provenance, no? Many would say these represent the zenith of 2o'th Century hat making, doggone near a "Holy Grail", IMHO. They seem to me to verge close to "it belongs in a museum" territory.

    Or am I mistaken are these more common than I think?

    Baron- you seem to have been at this for a while, both Stateside & on The Continent, if I am not mistaken.
    I would defer to your' assessment.
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
    Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness,
    for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

    -Jules Winnfield

  6. #19486
    My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,751
    I knew there would be keen interest in this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/160779783079...ht_2063wt_1165 but the final price surprised me a little. I'd put money on it being a lounger!
    If so, nice catch!
    "I have recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

  7. #19487
    Practically Family
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast Florida
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    Anything is possible, I suppose.
    I am more inclined to blame timing, less than stellar auction listings & maybe the stated delivery lag from eastern Europe.

    These are pre-war NOS Borsos with at least the hint (or more) of a verifiable provenance, no? Many would say these represent the zenith of 2o'th Century hat making, doggone near a "Holy Grail", IMHO. They seem to me to verge close to "it belongs in a museum" territory.

    Or am I mistaken are these more common than I think?

    Baron- you seem to have been at this for a while, both Stateside & on The Continent, if I am not mistaken.
    I would defer to your' assessment.
    Ummmmm.....I just thought maybe all the hat buyers had to fill up the family car at the same time

    Pain at the pump

  8. #19488
    One of the Regulars pjt113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    207
    What does "NOS" stand for? I've seen it used a couple times and can't figure it out

  9. #19489
    One Too Many Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Live from Somewhere
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by pjt113 View Post
    What does "NOS" stand for? I've seen it used a couple times and can't figure it out
    NOS = new old stock
    Cheers! Nik

  10. #19490
    I'll Lock Up zetwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,301
    The meaning of additional eBay related acronyms can be found here,

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/acronyms.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •