Advertisements
Page 62 of 2592 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364721121625621062 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Advertisements
    Yep, that's just one of the things that made it strange to me. It's a select quality, which I thought was phased out by the time a hat that looked like that (the general style and liner) came out, and I don't recall Stetson making such a big deal about their hats being waterproof the way that Mallory, Lee, and others did. Maybe it was a model that was only made for the Canadian market, but I've got nothing but speculation on this one.

Stetsons marked aquanized stetson were made and sold only on the Canadian market.

Though the size tag is missing, and you can't see the reorder tags under the sweat, just for reference, the reorder tags on the canadian stetsons were different, just little rectangular tags. The size tags were done on gold foil instead of manila card stock.

That's a Canadian hat for sure.
    DinerHunter.com - Food
    VintageHaberdashers.com - Clothes
    LowModern.com - Architecture

I won this Mallory/Stetson yesterday ... Not exactly my style, but for $12 I figured it was worth a shot. If I like the color I may cut down the brim, give it a thin ribbon, and see what the reslut is.

Any thoughts?

Whatever happened to common sense?

I won this Mallory/Stetson yesterday ... Not exactly my style, but for $12 I figured it was worth a shot. If I like the color I may cut down the brim, give it a thin ribbon, and see what the reslut is.
    I was watching that had and decided against sniping it at the last moment I was going to ask Art or my local guy about cleaning and a new bash and ribbon but for some reson I just let it go. some of the other guys would know more but I thought there's more life in the old hat yet.
    Congrats on the win.
    I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper?"

Check out this nice looking, bound brimmed Royal Stetson in 7 5/8 that I just missed out on because I was driving home from work when it ended. Oh well. Believe it or not, I don't own a single Stetson.

Quote Originally Posted by HamletJSD

Any thoughts?

it has the woolmark on the front of the sweat.
    DinerHunter.com - Food
    VintageHaberdashers.com - Clothes
    LowModern.com - Architecture

So vintage wool?

Interesting ... I anticipated it being a beater from the beginning, but I didn't know you could tell so readily. Thanks D-man

Quote Originally Posted by Selentino
    I was watching that had and decided against sniping it at the last moment I was going to ask Art or my local guy about cleaning and a new bash and ribbon but for some reson I just let it go. some of the other guys would know more but I thought there's more life in the old hat yet.
    Congrats on the win.
    I almost didn't bid to begin with and told my wife (later in the evening) that I was hoping someone would snipe me,

The problem is that I'm looking for a few specific colors and this was NOT one of them. I really need a grey hat (or a few shades of grey) and am hoping to find a shade of brown somewhere between dark Indi brown and Light tan.

So far no luck landing deals in either of those categories. Anyway, a hat for under $20 incl. shipping is still a hat for under $20. We'll see how it goes.

My Mail is Forwarded Here bolthead's Avatar

Cool DJ.......

Oh well. Believe it or not, I don't own a single Stetson.
    for shame rabbit...........
    "When words fail.........music speaks!"

ƘƲƦƬ☮

Hmmmm?

Just nailed this on Ebay? It says wool? Do they even make wool fedora's? If so, no biggie, I like the color, it looks clean, and wasn't that bad a deal. Thoughts?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting