Page 54 of 2530 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556641041545541054 ... LastLast

Thread: Post New Hats Here!

This new hat arrived at my door on Monday. I've been waiting to post some pictures of it until the coast is clear. Is it clear yet?

The hat is a Fed Deluxe IV in heritage fawn and my first open crown hat. I thought the color would be lighter than it is, but I like it anyway.

I would appreciate your comments on the way I styled the hat since this is my first attempt at it. the hat is quite a bit stiffer than I thought it would be.

Thanks,
    Bob

By the way, thanks for all the effort to get the lounge back up and running. I missed my dose the last couple of days.

Looks great!! Are they calling it heritage fawn instead of the old Tawny Fawn, or is there both now? It looks like the Tawny to me which is my favorite color for the Federation!

P.S. I guess the FED IV thread was a victim of the great Cinco De Mayo crash of 2008! I just made a new Loungism!
    Live Free... or Die

BobC, Great job. It really feels good to get something that nice. Feels even better to put something of yourself into it, doesn't it?

New In Town

First hat and first post

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I just returned from a trip to Scotland recently, where I found many wool newsboys that caught my eye. I tried on everyone I found but could not locate one that fit well. Upon returning, I started scouring the internet trying to find a custom shop. That search led me to the lounge, which then led me to Graham at Optimo. I wasn't in his shop five minutes before I realized I really wanted a hat. A few weeks later, I was rewarded with this

I'm incredibly pleased with it.

Cheers,

Shane

IC, I believe that Ron at Hats Direct e-mailed me that the Fed Deluxe is available in Tawny Fawn and that he still has a good inventory left of that hat. The new Fed Deluxe IV is available in dark brown and heritage fawn for now but there will be a grey and, I think, a black Fed Deluxe IV eventually. I think the tawny may be a little lighter than the heritage fawn, but I could be wrong. It's hard to tell by looking at pictures on the internet.

JT, I was a little paranoid about bashing my new hat, and I wore it around the house for a day or two before I decided I had to take the plunge sooner or later.

Thanks to both of you for your encouragement.

Welcome to the lounge, Shane. Wear your new hat in good health.

Bob

Wow that's a great hat Bob! A bit darker than the pictures at hatsdirect but still very nice!

If you want to try some different bashes you could have a go at giving it a diamond crown.

/Niels

Niels,

I thought about trying a teardrop, but I was hesitant to tempt fate with my first open crown hat. I also thought I might ask the incredible Mr. Fawcett to make me a C crown hat before too much longer. July is bonus month at work, and I've always viewed bonus money as funny money. So some of the fun I have with it will most likely be a custom from Art. I've been working up to it, and now I have a pretty good idea of what I like. All that's left is to decide on a color and the rest of the trimmnings, and there is so much candy in the store!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Niels,

I also thought I might ask the incredible Mr. Fawcett to make me a C crown hat before too much longer. Bob
    You have chosen wisely!
    Live Free... or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you all.
    Welcome to the Lounge! Great hat pics by the way.....

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman
    Welcome to the Lounge! Great hat pics by the way.....
    Thank you very much. I could not be happier with my purchase. I ordered my first straw as well, which should be in by Memorial Day weekend.

I've got a feeling this is going to get expensive.....