Advertisements
Page 88 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimo south side mobsters

I'll Lock Up

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    To be blunt, Aureliano, that is quite simply the best "Public Enemies" hat I've ever seen Optimo produce - apart from the one in the film, obviously. Beautiful hat! -M
    Thanks, Mulceber!

Will I sound pretentious if I said to you that I agree? Proud, that's the word I was looking for! .
    Aureliano-

Domingo, ponte el sombrero y vamos.

New In Town
    Well I just took the plunge and ordered the Dillinger in Oxblood. I decided to have it made to the specs on the webpage and will post photos when it arrives. This is a big step for me as I just started wearing fedoras in October but have collected 7 so far. This site was very helpful in making my decision.

I think it's safe to say you are going to be getting a great hat, Tatude. Do you know how long you'll be waiting?
    Cheers!
    David - 21st Century Man

New In Town
    Looks like it will ship in about four weeks. I was a bit hesitant because of the cost but I'm sure it will be a great hat and hope to get a lot of use out of it. I will probably sell a few of the others I bought at a later date. I know there has been a bit of a debate about whether the hat looks like the movie hat so I'll post pitcures of me wearing it, but be warned I ain't no Johhny Depp . I've found that when buying clothing quality is not cheap and it does make a difference. I will post photos as soon as I get it.

I'll Lock Up
    You'll love it. Mine doesn't sport the specs of the movie hat but in case you didn't see it, here it is again.
    Aureliano-

New In Town
    Yes I saw the pictures. Thanks for posting them as it really helped in making my decision along with the other photos. Its a beautiful hat. I went with the original specs as one of my favorite hats is my Dobbs Jet and Optimo told me their hat was the same dimensions. My original plan last October was just to get 1 hat for when I play poker but that didn't last. I've gotten quite a few compliments so far on my hats so I'm getting more comfortable wearing them

"A List" Customer

Dillinger mania

I have a Dillinger. Lovely hat, nice sturdy felt, the underwelt is a nice touch, but it's very hard to wear with anything but a light or medium grey coat. I'm going to sell it. I've actually decided that apart from one Optimo in dark camel, grey band, I'm sticking mostly to grey. I think all my others are going to Ebay. In fact, I am certain of it.
    Neil

I'll Lock Up
    I wear my "dillinger" with grey, dark navy blue and even black. IMHO it works very well.
    Aureliano-

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I have a Dillinger. Lovely hat, nice sturdy felt, the underwelt is a nice touch, but it's very hard to wear with anything but a light or medium grey coat. I'm going to sell it. I've actually decided that apart from one Optimo in dark camel, grey band, I'm sticking mostly to grey. I think all my others are going to Ebay. In fact, I am certain of it.
    Size 7 perchance?

In the valley below the shining city on a hill, Chesterton, Indiana 46304
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If it is 7 1/2 & the price is right I might take it.

Real men don't wear shoes with tassels

Chivalry is not dead as long as one man is willing to respect women.

Founding member: Chicago South Side Mobsters