Thread: Hat Shops in Charlotte,NC?

Hat Shops in Charlotte,NC?

I'll be visiting Charlotte,NC tomorrow and was curious if there are hat shops worth visiting in that area.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MDphoto
    I'll be visiting Charlotte,NC tomorrow and was curious if there are hat shops worth visiting in that area.

Thanks
    I don't think there are any. Let me know if you find one!
    Clay
    Triumph Motorcycles!

No problem. I'll boldly go where no hat wearer has gone before

New In Town

Thumbs up A Good Experience at Alexander Hats (Charlotte, NC)

Good afternoon, folks. I'm from Atlanta and new to this forum. I saw this post and wanted to bump it to make sure the North Carolina folks are aware of Alexander Hats in Charlotte.

Last week, I happened to be in Charlotte for business and went to Alexander Hats during a break (I had Google-d "Hats in Charlotte" and found this place. I had a great experience there and ended up ordering a hat from Keith (the owner). The store sells hats by Borsalino, Selentino, Bailey, Stetson, Dobbs - pretty much whatever you may need. It is not a huge shop, but if they don't have the hat you're looking for, they can order it for you. I beleive they also do blocking and cleaning, and even do some custom made hats. Keith seems like an honest-to-goodness "hat guy" hatter that has been in the business for a long time (he mentioned he got started at Worth & Worth in NYC) - and there aren't too many of those guys left. It's a plus that he's a nice guy.

No connection to the place - just a first-time visitor who had a really good experience and a great chat with another "hat guy."

I'm sure Keith won't mind listing the address, so here it is:

4401 E. Independence Blvd.
    Charlotte, NC 28205
    www.alexanderhats.com

All the best,

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Fop
    Good afternoon, folks. I'm from Atlanta and new to this forum. I saw this post and wanted to bump it to make sure the North Carolina folks are aware of Alexander Hats in Charlotte.

No connection to the place - just a first-time visitor who had a really good experience and a great chat with another "hat guy."

4401 E. Independence Blvd.
    Charlotte, NC 28205
    www.alexanderhats.com

All the best,

Chad
    Thanks Chad, nice to hear about a good experience. I am going to visit them next time I'm in Charlotte.

I did visit there website, and it sucks. The pictures horrible!

Clay
    Triumph Motorcycles!

New In Town
    Frijoli,

Agreed - you can't brag on the Web site that much, but I think Keith makes up for the Web site with a really good attitude.

Hope you find something on your visit; please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chad