Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

My Mail is Forwarded Here flat-top's Avatar

Batman Begins

Has anybody seen it?????? It's without a doubt the best movie of the year. Makes "Sith" look amatuer. Virtually flawless.
    flat-top

Loved it!

Sith who??
    I saw Batman Begins this weekend. It is an incredible comic book movie!

I have been waiting for this movie for a couple of years, since I heard Christoper Nolan was set to direct. Nolan, whose past films include Insomnia with Al Pacino and the incredibly 'noir-ish' Memento starring Guy Pearce is headed for greatness! Dare I say he is a storyteller on par with the greats like Kurosawa, Ford, and Hitchcock?

The movie chose to do an origin and crimefighting story combined. It is over two hours so there was enough time to develop the story. Thanks to some good directing, the film does not lag. Nolan in his usual style, chooses to tell large parts of the story in flashback. It is not hard to follow the flashbacks and fits well with the character being influenced by his past.

This film is more about the character of the Batman rather than an 'out and out' action film. There is enough fighting, driving and gadgets to satisfy the aficionado of the comic.

I will not go too far into the story and let any spoilers slip. I will say that Gotham is in peril from corrupt politicans and those who think the city's time has come to an end. Bruce Wayne/Batman is a man whose family name and fortune stems from what made Gotham great. He is not going to stand by and let it be destroyed....

Very, very good. I was really impressed. I think we have a new owner of the "best comicbook film adaptation" title!

Nashville, London, Atlanta, Syracuse, Los Angeles, Atlanta
    You can read my review at www.frenchbrosreviews.com! It's a NO-SPOILER review.
    If you go looking for a fight, you can always find one - Eugene Tobin, RAF Spitfire pilot, 1940

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    So is it close to the beginning of the Batman movie where he is gone and then comes back? A simple yes or no would be fine. Someone will drag me to see it one way or the other.

Regards to all,

J
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Nashville, London, Atlanta, Syracuse, Los Angeles, Atlanta
    Yes - it is at the beginning
    If you go looking for a fight, you can always find one - Eugene Tobin, RAF Spitfire pilot, 1940

Oh wow, I went Saturday night and saw it and was blown away. I went in not knowing what to expect, but it's by far the best Batman movie out there.

Unfortunately, I've only seen it twice now, but I am definately impressed.
    This is the best telling of Batman story so far.
    And while I was a fan of Michael Keatons Batman/Bruce Wayne,
    Bale nailed both characters 100%.

Dalexs

I find it funny that we can have different actors to play Batman or Bond, but for me, I just can't see anyone playing Indy besides Ford. But yes, Bale definitely pulled it off quite well.

Maybe that's because Batman and James Bond existed on the printed page (and in the minds of readers) before they were made into movies, but Harrison Ford *defines* Indiana Jones?

I totally agree, nobody else can be Indy!