Advertisements
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    I gotta see some sunlit headshots of that beauty. Love steel grey hats, and that ribbon is beyond cool.
    Neo,
    I'll get noggin shots later. Steel grey is my new favorite . I'm wondering if there might be a general interest in a "Show off your Bow" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DJH View Post
    Aught - always nice to see a new hat from Tony and yours is a great looking Tumwater, the ribbon is just fantastic!

I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it for a long time to come. Congratulations on a fine hat.
    Thank you David. I know you have a special place for Tumwater Hats.

Practically Family
    Found a pic of some hats I am liking

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/4605/dscf2854x.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the steel grey Tumwater pictured in this thread is the same color as the grey hat, second shelf, far left?

What colors are the grey hats on the far right, first on the top shelf and then on the second shelf?

I have a Stetson in caribou and thinking a second grey hat is what I want and do not want one that is so close in color though.

I have a Stetson in Caribou, and IMHO, it's very different than the Steel Grey color.

Quote Originally Posted by memphislawyer View Post
    I have a Stetson in caribou and thinking a second grey hat is what I want and do not want one that is so close in color though.
    Get you some swatches from a custom hatter. Art sends them with his conformer. Looking at colors on a PC monitor isn't going to help you much. Buckaroo & VS as well as other hatters get their felt bodies from Winchester & except for some proprietary colors, are all the same.
    Deputy Swoopy, Crease Police - Mounted Division, Fedora Bureau of Investigation - Icon Defender
    Hard to be an outlaw when you're not wanted any more!
    WAR = What is it good for?

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by aught12 View Post
    I have a Stetson in Caribou, and IMHO, it's very different than the Steel Grey color.
    I did see Steel in Buckaroo's shop and felt it was bluish grey, and while it was sharp, I think if that is the hat that is the far left, second row, my eye is drawn to the top shelf, far right and middle shelf, far right, with I think the top shelved one being a great color. What color Is that? The middle one I think is granite and is most like caribou as far as color

Memph, a good place to see the colours (bearing in mind that most people's monitors are not calibrated) is the set of swatches that Ed Wiser recently updated to Art's Vintage Silhouettes site.

The Steel is the same felt for Art, Tony and most of the custom hat guys. I have a Steel hat from Tony. It is very much a blue/grey felt.
    Cheers!
    David - 21st Century Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Really beautiful, aught12! Congrats. I bumped a "Hat Adornments" thread for you, if you feel like posting yours there.
    http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showt...45#post1578145
    "I've recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

Very nice aught12. Am I the only one that thinks that vintage ribbon looks like modern carbon fiber?

Editing to ammend: Am I the only one that thinks carbon fiber looks like that vintage ribbon?
    Last edited by mikespens; 01-23-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    Peace, Mike

Vote for Pedro.

Hi

I bought a bone colored hat because before it get's pounced, it looks darker. Definitely look both online and at the swatches. I like the Steel Gray, but I bought a Charcoal with a blue band that I'm VERY happy with. Normal wild Tony B ribbon in subdued colors. Pictures are back in this thread somewhere.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”