Page 13 of 455 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Akubra Overload

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    You're trying to tempt me, aren't you? You know how many hats I have coming already.
    Noooo I'm trying to save YOU money by getting it now instead of paying more then.

Or do you want me to jedi mind trick? Bob you want that hat, you must get that hat....
    Live Free... or Die

Post If you're still on the rabbit-proof fence

THe Australian $ opened lower against the US $ on Monday morning [in Australia] than it closed on Friday.

At 0700 AEDT, the Australian dollar was trading at $US0.6195/97, down almost two US cents from Friday's close of $US0.6388/94.
    "Shoulder the sky, my lad, and drink your ale." A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by indycop
    Or do you want me to jedi mind trick? Bob you want that hat, you must get that hat....
    No need, no need. I'm easy as it is. I was looking at Everything Australian AGAIN, and I revisited a hat I looked at before and decided to pass up then. Anybody have a Banjo Patterson?
    Secret Hat Society, Founding Member (2009)

I'm looking at the Blue Mountains ($68.02 US) or the Plainsman ($64.92 US) in bluegrass green at HatsDirect. This could be the day.

Blue Mountains in Sorrel Tan (Bluegrass Green is shown as available but photo doesn't load)

Plainsman in Bluegrass Green

Banjo

No need, no need. I'm easy as it is. I was looking at Everything Australian AGAIN, and I revisited a hat I looked at before and decided to pass up then. Anybody have a Banjo Patterson?
    That's a hat I've had my eye on for years, but it's always been one of the priciest of the Akubras - at least as they are offered by USA dealers.

So I second your question: anyone got one? Photos to post?

Quote Originally Posted by jecoe@earthlink
    That's a hat I've had my eye on for years, but it's always been one of the priciest of the Akubras - at least as they are offered by USA dealers.

So I second your question: anyone got one? Photos to post?
    The Banjo is heritage quality felt, the same felt the Fed Deluxe is made of. I presume it has the better quality sweatband as well. That accounts for it's being pricier. But Everything Australian has it for $77.65 US now. I have a heritage fawn colored Fed Deluxe, and I like the hat very well and the color. There is no indication of a 3 month wait on Everything Australian's website for the heritage fawn color.
    Secret Hat Society, Founding Member (2009)

Here are my Akubras-

This is my $10.50 Snowy River with a.....modified Montana crease, sorta.

Here is a slouch I got for a friend who formerly lived in N.Z.-note the WWII era badge. This hat needed some TLC! It's in good nick now!

And here's my own slouch with the Australian Royal Artillery badge with a slider 'cos I like to wear the brim down all 'round.

Of course they both have just the standard safari or military bash.
    Hopefully in a few days I'll be adding a Fed IV to this country-ish collection!
    “Evermore in the world is this marvelous balance of beauty and disgust, magnificence and rats.”

That Blue Mountain looks interesting...I've eyed that one before also....
    In GOD we trust, all others pay cash!"

Daoud...The slouch is great!...any pics of it on yer noggin?
    In GOD we trust, all others pay cash!"

Question Everything Australian's website

The Banjo is heritage quality felt, the same felt the Fed Deluxe is made of. I presume it has the better quality sweatband as well. That accounts for it's being pricier. But Everything Australian has it for $77.65 US now. I have a heritage fawn colored Fed Deluxe, and I like the hat very well and the color. There is no indication of a 3 month wait on Everything Australian's website for the heritage fawn color.
    Bob, What website are you looking at? The only Akubra I see on the Everything Australian website is the Snowy River. Am I missing something? Please post a link. Thanks, Carter