Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Guitars

One Too Many
    Here's the pretty part.

One Too Many
    Oops sorry that's the back of the Guild,will resend the pretty part now.

A great sounding Taylor K22

The best sounding Flatop I ever played!
    Last edited by howardeye; 11-10-2012 at 08:43 AM.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by howardeye View Post
    A great sounding Taylor K22

The best sounding Flatop I ever played!
    Is that a Gibby SJ 200? I'd really like to have a vintage Humming Bird here,my buddy has a 64 but he doesn't play,it was his dad's.I had it here for a couple months to get some work done on it Gibson makes beautiful sounding instruments if you get the right ones.Again nice SJ
    "Can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself" (Ricky Nelson)

Quote Originally Posted by nice hat dude! View Post
    Is that a Gibby SJ 200? I'd really like to have a vintage Humming Bird here,my buddy has a 64 but he doesn't play,it was his dad's.I had it here for a couple months to get some work done on it Gibson makes beautiful sounding instruments if you get the right ones.Again nice SJ
    It is a SJ 200 Quilted Maple made in the 80's. A guy needed some money about 13 years ago and I got it real cheap like new. It is one in a million. The sound and sustain are amazing. Maybe that is why Elvis played one and so many others. I played over 100 guitars before I chose the Taylor for it's distinct sound. I would like a Humming Bird also but one from the 60's is pretty high priced as are the vintage Martins. Thanks

One Too Many
    It is a SJ 200 Quilted Maple made in the 80's. A guy needed some money about 13 years ago and I got it real cheap like new. It is one in a million. The sound and sustain are amazing. Maybe that is why Elvis played one and so many others. I played over 100 guitars before I chose the Taylor for it's distinct sound. I would like a Humming Bird also but one from the 60's is pretty high priced as are the vintage Martins. Thanks
    Yea the Vintage Humming Bird runs up around $4000.00 and up as far as Martins go my guitar guy here in town has one I've played it,yes it has great sound and I know they say they're strong but it feels so light that I'd be worried about breaking it just by holding it and if I had to worry about it all the time it would probably stay in the case forget about banging on it like my cheap J&D Brothers or my Guild at least with a Gibson you can feel that they're solidly built,mind me asking what you paid for the 200?
    Last edited by nice hat dude!; 11-13-2012 at 07:20 AM.

...At least with a Gibson you can feel that they're solidly built, mind me asking what you paid for the 200?
    Here's the link to a really nice vintage J-200. I've been saving up my lunch money, but I'll bet it'll be gone before I can afford it!

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/names...-20U-12195.htm

AF
    The South: Heat and Spanish moss. A Strange hot land of courtly manners and sudden violence, elegance and anger.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Here's the link to a really nice vintage J-200. I've been saving up my lunch money, but I'll bet it'll be gone before I can afford it!

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/names...-20U-12195.htm

AF
    I've only got 1 question can I borrow $124500.00 from you?

Yea the Vintage Humming Bird runs up around $4000.00 and up as far as Martins go my guitar guy here in town has one I've played it,yes it has great sound and I know they say they're strong but it feels so light that I'd be worried about breaking it just by holding it and if I had to worry about it all the time it would probably stay in the case forget about banging on it like my cheap J&D Brothers or my Guild at least with a Gibson you can feel that they're solidly built,mind me asking what you paid for the 200?
    $1500 and he waited a couple of months for me to come up with it. I wasn't even looking for a Gibson. To me they are overbraced and the sound is muffled but not this one. Maybe it is the maple wood. I really don't know. My buddy's Artist Model SJ 200 sounds terrible. You are right about the right one. They all sound different.
    Bert
    My hats are like my motorcycles. They get washed when it rains!
    https://www.facebook.com/bert.howard.9

One Too Many
    $1500 and he waited a couple of months for me to come up with it. I wasn't even looking for a Gibson. To me they are overbraced and the sound is muffled but not this one. Maybe it is the maple wood. I really don't know. My buddy's Artist Model SJ 200 sounds terrible. You are right about the right one. They all sound different.
    Yea that's definitely a good price those deals don't come along very often.Is it all maple or does it have the spruce top for that matter I'm not even sure if Gibson makes an all maple guitar?I know my Guild is all maple and has huge sound and a great sustain also,different wood equal different sound as I'm sure you're aware.