Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Well, my cars gonna be in the shop for a bit longer than I'd expected (hail damage from the April supercells), so my trip to Buckaroo Hatters will be delayed until early July.

I will most likely keep the design simple. A telescope similar to Jed Cooper's in Hang 'Em High, as I'd originally intended. 100% pure beaver, color black, with a contrasting ribbon and a black tooled leather hat band ('cuz I'm into leather ). Dimensions still need to be worked out.
    Until then, my BH Moorelite is more than enough hat to keep my head company.

If anyone is available either the first or second weekend of July, I'm game for a get-together. If not, I hope to at least get to handle of one o' them Strats I've been hearing about.

Well, I'll see you buckaroos on the trail. Later, y'all!
    I watched The Missing again over Memorial Day weekend & I'm getting the hankering for a Boss of the Plains like Tommy Lee's!!!
    Deputy Swoopy, Crease Police - Mounted Division, Fedora Bureau of Investigation - Icon Defender
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these to other people and I require the same from them.
    WAR = What is it good for?

Quote Originally Posted by gtdean48 View Post
    I watched The Missing again over Memorial Day weekend & I'm getting the hankering for a Boss of the Plains like Tommy Lee's!!!
    Cool hat there Tom... but you gotta have hair.

RBH

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    ''We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be!
    When you side with a man, you stay with him!
    And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished!''
    *Pike Bishop- 1913*

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post
    Cool hat there Tom... but you gotta have hair.

Miss Sherry ain't allowing that! No how, no way!!!!
    Deputy Swoopy, Crease Police - Mounted Division, Fedora Bureau of Investigation - Icon Defender
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these to other people and I require the same from them.

Tom
    I make alot of the Boss of the Plains hat, plus I have some of the 100% right hat blocks that are dead on the money.

Mike Moore
    Quote Originally Posted by gtdean48 View Post

Mike makes some fantastic. BOP hats. That would be a great choice, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by majormoore View Post
    Tom
    I make alot of the Boss of the Plains hat, plus I have some of the 100% right hat blocks that are dead on the money.

Mike Moore
    No doubt Major. There is a photo of you & a kid on a bench in front of a Russell-looking painting. That hat you have on with a brim width like Tommy Lee's is what I have in mind.
    I love the low dome crown.

Or the one you have on with the horses, again with a slightly thinner brim.
    Last edited by gtdean48; 06-09-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    Mike makes some fantastic. BOP hats. That would be a great choice, Tom.
    You know it Duck. You had one close in Garland if I recall correctly...

Low crown, wide bound brim, kettle curl - That's what daddy likes!
    Last edited by Duck; 06-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Tom, you are so overdue for a visit to Covington. When Mike has the felt body we need from Winchester and can find a weekend to tolerate me to watch my 'BH Cutter' become a legend, I have every intention of trying to drag you there, meet up with you in Nashville to 'pool over there. Maybe that will happen before the end of Summer, but if you can get there sooner, just do it.
    John Barrow - busted for dog whisperin'

Quote Originally Posted by barrowjh View Post
    Tom, you are so overdue for a visit to Covington. When Mike has the felt body we need from Winchester and can find a weekend to tolerate me to watch my 'BH Cutter' become a legend, I have every intention of trying to drag you there, meet up with you in Nashville to 'pool over there. Maybe that will happen before the end of Summer, but if you can get there sooner, just do it.
    For true JB. I need to get a job first then I'll plan the road trip! Keep me posted on that felt body...