Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I got my new lid yesterday.
    Looks very nice ...

Does anyone know if Buckaroo Hatters has Camp drafts in stock yet.
    John,

No matter where you are.....That's the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    Does anyone know if Buckaroo Hatters has Camp drafts in stock yet.
    When Major Moore gets it covered, there will be a major announcement. Pun intended....
    Deputy Swoopy, Crease Police - Mounted Division, Fedora Bureau of Investigation - Icon Defender
    Hard to be an outlaw when you're not wanted any more!
    WAR = What is it good for?

Quote Originally Posted by gtdean48 View Post
    When Major Moore gets it covered, there will be a major announcement. Pun intended....
    Personally, I was betting on an announcement here, him selling completely out, and then a second announcement on his website of the SECOND load.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”

New In Town
    I'm very excited to be able to contribute to this thread now. I had the opportunity to go down and see Mr. Moore today, and had an excellent experience. I'm pretty new to hats, having never owned more than a ball cap until about a month ago when I bought a Stetson in a local tack store. It fit okay, but it really wasn't right. I concluded that a properly built, custom fitted hat would be the way to go, so I contacted Mike and made the drive down today. It was about a 3.5 hour one way drive, and was completely worth it.

Mike and the folks at the shop are top notch. I carried my Stetson with me, hoping perhaps he could make it fit a little better. They resized it, because it turns out I'm a long oval. The brim and crease were modified slightly, and the band was replaced. The hat fits and looks much better now than I thought it ever could. That was just the tip of the iceberg, though. They spent quite a bit of time with me discussing different options for my custom hat, and it turned out that there was a hat on the rack in the right size and the color I decided on. I wish I had taken more pictures, really. It's normal for them I'm sure, but I thought it was pretty cool to see how the round dome and circular brim were steamed, blocked, sized, creased, and otherwise turned into the hat I was looking for.

The first hat here is the custom hat I got today. Unfortunately, the picture seems to make the brim look flatter than it really is.

This is my Stetson, after they worked on it.

Overall, I'm very happy with both hats. I may putz around with the bands a bit, but we'll have to see. I've already been thinking about another hat. I'm not sure what else I could want at this point, but I know when I decide it will come from Mike.

Very nice 56!
    I am heading over to Mikes today myself.
    We will be ironing out plans for FedoraFest IV and maybe I'll get Mike to do a little hat work for me.
    RBH

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    ''We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be!
    When you side with a man, you stay with him!
    And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished!''
    *Pike Bishop- 1913*

Sounds like a fun trip, 56FordGuy. Thanks for sharing!
    Randall

My Mail is Forwarded Here Neophyte's Avatar
    Those two hats look fantastic! Congrats!

I really like the colors on that Buckaroo custom you've got there, 56FordGuy. Very classy light-colored hat.

Looking forward to FFIV!
    Last edited by Neophyte; 04-22-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    ---Alexander

New In Town
    Thanks, y'all. I put the slightly wider horsehair band off the custom hat onto the Stetson, I think I like that better. I also have a pretty good idea what I want for my next hat, but I'm going to give that some time and try to iron out the details a bit better.

Hi

I got around to taking a few pictures of my Roughrider hat that Mike Moore built last year.

Quarter View:

Front View:

Side View:

I stretched it out a little since it was getting a little tight. This is my Summer go-to dress hat.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”