Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your vintage knitting and crochet!

Here is my first project from A Stitch in Time, Vol 2. It really grew, so while my gauge was right, I probably should have gone done a needle size. However, you can't find much fault in silk yarn. Because of the growing, I decided to omit the bow. It was a simple knit and I'll probably make another in a firmer yarn.
    Kamikat, your beret is so pretty! And such an amazing colour too!

A knitted top in paprika/rust mohair with Debbie Bliss Angel mohair shade 08 Denim (more on my blog - I feel really conscious of hijacking this thread all the time!)

Daisy, how your Mum manages to produce these just from pictures, well, I'm speechless! Clever, clever Mum!

It seems to me that shade of blue is verging on turquoise, which IS an 'Autumn' colour, so don't worry about it not suiting you. I think it looks rather snazzy. And the Lollipop blouse is sweet.
    There is no time, Madam, at which hats do not matter.

One of the Regulars MissLaurieMarie's Avatar
    I have been knitting since October and have finished my first vintage pattern, triangle slipper socks.

Once my moving house/changing jobs transition is over I plan to get started on a three-hour sweater (even though it will be summer by then!) and a vintage bed jacket. I can only dream of ever getting as good as Daisy.
    Miss Laurie Marie, the Retro Reporter. | @laurie_callsen | Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by crazydaisy View Post
    A knitted top in paprika/rust mohair with Debbie Bliss Angel mohair shade 08 Denim (more on my blog - I feel really conscious of hijacking this thread all the time!)

Oh my goodness. THAT is gorgeous! I want one
    "Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” - Coco Chanel

Blog - Violet's Vintage Vault

Thank you all so much! All these comments are very encouraging, especially as more often then not things go pear shaped...as they have in the case of this jumper discussed in more detail on the blog. The yarn is the same mohair/silk blend used above.

This is from the work in progress category: an attempt to rescue a project that hasn't turned up to expectations...The original intent was for a loose, light, unbuttoned affair; unfortunately miss-communication produced a featureless bulky result. The original idea is now unobtainable unless the whole thing is unraveled and given another go, but I am considering moving on to a different idea of a 30's asymmetrical jumper of which the image is the first improvised attempt.

Last edited by crazydaisy; 03-20-2012 at 01:21 PM.

And another try today:

Crazydaisy, I like the asymmetical button closure. Perhaps it didn't turn out as you planned, but it looks nice. I know I've frogged and reknit many more pieces than I've finished. I also like kamikat's beret, MissLaurie Marie's triangle slipper socks and Crazydaisy's rust/demin top. I'm toodling along spinning wool on my drop spindle for a pair of gloves, but after looking at this page, I want to go to my LYS and find some cuddly mohair!
    "Kids today, with their crazy music and automatic weapons." - Dick Stein

http://tenukihandcrafts.wordpress.com/

tenukihandcrafts on Ravelry

"A List" Customer Katinka von K.'s Avatar
    I donīt have anything to show right now, but I could need some help. Can any of you tell me if vintage australian needle sizes equal to the old UK ones? I need to make a decision what will be my next project, so help is much appreciated
    K is for kitsch

Sometimes I do blog

Does your project list a guage? Sometimes it's easier to figure out needle size from the gauge.
    pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked- Jane Austen

http://newvintage.wordpress.com/