Advertisements
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How about that vintage western look

Banned

How about that vintage western look

Advertisements
    Any loungers out there who wear vintage western wear?Or does it look stupid..

certain elements, i think, can be done well.

my father wore cowboy boots rather than engineer boots during the 50's, and that was southern tier NY.

Bogart wore a thin tooled ranger belt in The Big Sleep.

i wear a big vintage silver/turquoise buckle with a ringer tshirt and jeans.

but, if you mean boots/jeans/hat/etc. all at once i think you better have a local rodeo in your area to pull it off.

I think girls in my area can get away with a bit more than guys can as far as "all at once." Boots, skirt/jeans and piped shirt could just look cute on a girl but a guy would definitely hear about it.

I think jeans + one more Western element is as far as a guy can go, here, simultaneously. Maaaaybe jeans plus quiet boots plus one more thing that isn't a hat.

Of course I knew a guy who wore a duster, boots, and a top hat with silver conchos and got away with it and made it look good: but he was a) comfortable getting looks. b) big as hell.
    All travellers must visit wardrobe before departure. And that goes for you especially Trevor. You've created a hell of a stink back in 2010 wearing those bloody silly goggles of yours and that hoodie. - Smithy

I have a few Western-style shirts with pretty floral prints and smoky snap buttons that I love. I sometimes wear them with dark jeans when the weather is right. I do have a couple of pair of boots too. One pair is honest to goodness work boots that I wear when I am doing work on the land with my husband. The other pair I don't wear that much but my husband calls them "roach killers" because they have a very sharp, witch-like toe point. None of the shoes are true vintage though. As far as the shirts, I got them at an outlet store, and they are very comfortable. Not vintage but inspired.
    "The whole world is about three drinks behind"

"A List" Customer
    i wear bits ov 30s/40s western

belts,jeans shirts,i dont do the whole suit,like the rest mix it up

today im wearing western shirt with vintage jodphurs

"A List" Customer

vintage western rocks,hope this inspires

Personally I love the look of vintage western, of course I live in the honest to goodness West where it isn't unusual to see the whole getup, especially during rodeo season and the stock show...

For those who live outside the land of cowboys, I'd probably limit to one or two pieces, and then only if you look like you mean it. Attitude can be everything, and you probably want to avoid looking corny.

But you have to love Rockmount Western Wear...
    Live each day like it is your last, learn as if you will live forever. - Ghandi

I can't find the thread, but I remember that "Forgotten Man" and I think Lauren once posted some photos with them dressed in 40's style western wear.
    J. M. S.
    A lot more Bing than Bogey

"A List" Customer

"A List" Customer