Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fino Fino Shop

One of the Regulars

Fino Fino Shop

Have any of you ladies or gentlemen ever visited this shop in San Francisco? http://www.finofino.com/index.html
    Gabe

Yes

Been there, bought some pugarees from her, Carolyn Busch. Nice lady. Her shop is very very nice. Small and quaint.

Her straws are from Brent Black and Graham Thompson (Optimo). A few other suppliers.

She sells the standard Biltmore, etc. felt hats, and has started to sell a few Optimo's. She puts out a newsletter "The Panama Press" and she runs the Peninsula Panama Hat Society.

She let me take photos of her shop.
    "Thanks for the memories...."
    "We are Loungers. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

One of the Regulars

I didn't know....?

Your right Andy, from the pictures on her web site the shop looks very nice.

I didn't know that Graham Thompson supplied other retailers with his hats. I thought you could only get OPTIMO hats from OPTIMO. Does he supply other retail shops?

I know there is one they should supply hats to. It's Nordstroms in the Dallas Galleria. I was there a couple of months ago and asked if they had any hats and they showed me some of the cheapest looking hats I have ever seen. They felt like they were made of card board. I don't understand how they can sell very high end quality merchandise and yet not sell good quality hats. I feel that if they are going to sell hats they should be of the same quality as the rest of the merchandise they sell or they should just not sell any hats.

Just my opinion.
    Gabe

They probably have no clue how a hat should feel.
    Looking for my Emma Peel.

Matt Deckard Apparel
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE

As far as I know, it's only straws that Optimo sends to other retailers, and the only retailers they do this for is FINOFINO, and another one in Hawaii (not Brent Black).

WRONG!

Optimo supplies felt hats to WILKES BASHFORD in San Francisco, as well as Fino FIno....they send straws to Fino FIno and Newt at the Royal.

"c'mon guys...whats wrong with sending the best to a neighborhood near you"?

They are still labled OPTIMO, BTW.
    "We are Loungers. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

WRONG

Hence the "As far as I know"

That's neat to hear. Are the hats in those shops custom at all, or are they just stock jobs?

STOCK JOBSq

Walk in see your fancy and pay cash. They know squat about hats compared to our DIVA.

D'oh, I just re-read your first post in this thread and saw where you said that she is starting to sell Optimo's. I realize now that it sounded like I was refuting you. My sincerest apologies. I admonish myself to read more carefully from now on!

My understanding is that Optimo hats are also sold through a few upscale boutique shops. There is a considerable mark up on these hats as opposed to buying directly from Optimo. The only draw to those boutiques is that they offer colors not available to the average Joe. Cheers
    The wine you drink has never seen a grape.