Advertisements
Page 659 of 927 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709759 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 9263

Thread: Ask a question, get an answer

Advertisements
    I can't see myself paying that much, based on your description. I've bought a vintage Borsalino for half that in an antique store.

My Mail is Forwarded Here splintercellsz's Avatar
    On the inside of my 1950's Penney's Marathon's sweatband, there is a stamp that says "LBC", and a stamp under that, which I am unable to make out. Any idea as to what these mean?

I seem to have acquired quite a serious fever... and the only cure is more hats!
    Best Wishes,
    Justin

Items in the Classifieds:
    WTB: 1900s - 1940s Fedoras, Homburgs, Westerns, Caps, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.seagraves.98

Hello,

my question is, how much difference is between rabbit- and beaverfelt? I have got a custom rabbitfelt-hat, now thinking about getting the nearly same one in beaver. It only costs 20$ more. So, is a beaverfelt worthy to get a new hat like the one you already have?

Hi all just bought this overcoat any idea of the date label: ACTWU A 467559 another label Burton New York
    regards
    VM

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Erehwon View Post
    Hello,

my question is, how much difference is between rabbit- and beaverfelt? I have got a custom rabbitfelt-hat, now thinking about getting the nearly same one in beaver. It only costs 20$ more. So, is a beaverfelt worthy to get a new hat like the one you already have?
    Beaver obviously is the best we can get,most fur felts are made from a blend of both rabbit and beaver or even all rabbit thus the cheaper prices.Beaver is also the most durable,instead of buying the same hat again why not try something a little different in style and if there's only a $20 dollar difference in price I'd opt for the beaver at least you could compare on your own then.(don't quote me)
    "Can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself" (Ricky Nelson)

Practically Family fashion frank's Avatar
    Hello everyone I am hoping that I might get some advise and insight , I am looking at a few hats one is a stratoliner and another one a stetson "dune" .

I like the dune and it looks similar to the stratoliner , I might try to buy both of them and was wondering if the Dune is for lack of a better word is "acceptable".
    I always wear a suit ,always vintage looking and was also wondering how that would work with my wardrobe in other words would it "pass" for the style and period and also if any of you member's own or have bought the "dune' in the past.

Thanks in advance ,

All the Best, Fashion Frank
    I never met a hat that I didn't like !

My Mail is Forwarded Here splintercellsz's Avatar
    Well, what period do you prefer to style after my friend?

this guy has a Dune on his head, with a suit on. It is the pic titled Western fedora.

http://hamptonroads.com/2006/01/whic...gary-owens-buy
    Last edited by splintercellsz; 12-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    I seem to have acquired quite a serious fever... and the only cure is more hats!
    Best Wishes,
    Justin

Items in the Classifieds:
    WTB: 1900s - 1940s Fedoras, Homburgs, Westerns, Caps, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.seagraves.98

A Stratoliner would be a "dressier" hat for sure over the Dune. The Dune does have a bound edge, but it's got a really wide brim, which is fairly stiff, and shaped much like an Aussie outback hat.
    ~Jared

'''Greed: It ain't goin anywhere,' they should have that across a big billboard in Times Square!"
    Joe Strummer
    1952-2002

Late 30's early 40's ,see the issue is that I have a ton of Fedoras but no hats with a bigger brim IE:: the "gangster look" type of hat with a bigger brim than the fedora.

I have shied away from hats with bigger brims in the past because I have a small head and don't want to look like I'm "swimming" in a hat .

However due to you kind folks on this forum who all pretty much said that I could get away with a little bit of a bigger brimed hat ,I'm going to take the plunge on stratoliners and saw a "dune" Gun Club that looks alot like the stratoliner also.

Quote Originally Posted by jlee562 View Post
    A Stratoliner would be a "dressier" hat for sure over the Dune. The Dune does have a bound edge, but it's got a really wide brim, which is fairly stiff, and shaped much like an Aussie outback hat.
    Thanks for chiming in and I agree with what you just said.
    All that being said would you buy one ,am I all wet or should I go for it ???