Page 666 of 891 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676716766 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 8901

Thread: Ask a question, get an answer

Quote Originally Posted by tridentine View Post
    Thank you all.

Monk:
    So you are saying to wait until January to try and buy one?
    The other option is to buy a similar looking hat. There are many thin-ribbon hats from other makers that look very similar to the Strats and just as nice.
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

Woah, page 666....

Anyways, you could also get a custom hat made similar to the Strat. Typically there's a bit of a wait, and you may end up with a price-tag close to the $200 mark depending on the felt and options (brim binding, etc), though the hat will be brand new and made specifically for you. There are a lot of threads here with info on custom hat makers.
    "I don't slap so good around this time of the evening."

Dorsay Hats Tardan Fur Felt

Anybody know anything about Mexican hats, specifically Dorsay hats? If so, I'd be interested in hearing what you know about this hat. I just bought this Dorsay Hat with tardan fur felt on a whim. It looked like an interesting hat in the pictures so I took a chance on it. I haven't received it yet though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mens...vip=true&rt=nc
    Mike

I've not heard of that maker, but it looks like very nice hat, one of the FLers from Mexico may be familiar with the brand. Looks like it was made in the state of Nogales.
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

Quote Originally Posted by hatophile View Post
    I've not heard of that maker, but it looks like very nice hat, one of the FLers from Mexico may be familiar with the brand. Looks like it was made in the state of Nogales.
    Yes, I think that is the address (124 Obregon Ave, Nogales). The Tardan Fur is what has me puzzled. Maybe it is beaver but I don't come up with any translation when I try different translators on the internet.
    Mike

Suspended
    Can anyone give me an approximate date of manufacture on these hats?:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181029932868...84.m1439.l2649

Thank you

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by gtdean48 View Post
    Just like the Whippets, high demand & dwindling supply...they aren't making anymore like they used to....
    Well Mr.Dean if it wasn't for all the loungers buying all the hats I could save money.Now all you have to do is convince everyone to stop buying them so I could "buy" 1 or 2 at a decent price.(haha)
    "Can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself" (Ricky Nelson)

Incurably Addicted John in Covina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tridentine View Post
    Why are Stetson Stratoliners so expensive on ebay [the starting bids and bids}?

I see many that are 200.00 plus.
    Thank you.
    As mentioned already, there is a demand for certain models that is greater thatn many other models of hats. The trend or popularity of specific models adds pressure to the value. As stated too they only made so many so the supply is limited to those that survive. Condition and also the original value tended to be high, they were usually a higher quality hat, better felts and so on. Collectors recognize that there is a certain added value as the felts are percieved to be of a quality rarely seen today. You would find it difficult to have a reproduction made for the price of the ones up for bid (usually).
    Blue Skies!

Quote Originally Posted by nice hat dude! View Post
    Well Mr.Dean if it wasn't for all the loungers buying all the hats I could save money.Now all you have to do is convince everyone to stop buying them so I could "buy" 1 or 2 at a decent price.(haha)
    Cry me that river...I swim in the deep end (size 7 5/8). Come dive in with the sharks & see how much you pay for a nice vintage when they show up.
    Those in 7 1/2 & 7 3/8 should be glad certain folks aren't actively buying.....
    Deputy Swoopy, Crease Police - Mounted Division, Fedora Bureau of Investigation - Icon Defender
    Hard to be an outlaw when you're not wanted any more!
    WAR = What is it good for?

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by gtdean48 View Post
    Cry me that river...I swim in the deep end (size 7 5/8). Come dive in with the sharks & see how much you pay for a nice vintage when they show up.
    Those in 7 1/2 & 7 3/8 should be glad certain folks aren't actively buying.....
    I hear you there Mr.Dean,just a quick question did you tell your wife you were buying that $3500.00 cowboy hat?(haha)
    "Can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself" (Ricky Nelson)