Page 3 of 928 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your TIES

"A List" Customer
    I love your fifties ties Shamus. I have a whole box of them. I'm saving a few for when my rat rod is done.

Marc,

Lauren and I will get the camera going at her studio and take some pics of my collection. I've got some weird ones, especially my ultra 1970'sesque late 30's tie. That thing is a trip.
    God Bless you too, Jim Carrey Veronica Parra

www.treasureofthetemplars.com

Suspended
    thanks, I have to buy everyone I see and I don't know why...

tell me about your rat rod...
    Shamus

The way my job is I don't often get to wear my 1940s ties, but they do make for a good display in one of my rooms. I tried to count them a while back, but gave up after 1000. Somewhere in there are two Salvador Dali ties. I found them both at yard sales for a quarter. There's a nice nude woman tie (in the upper right) that I've worn only once in public.

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigley Brown
    The way my job is I don't often get to wear my 1940s ties, but they do make for a good display in one of my rooms. I tried to count them a while back, but gave up after 1000. Somewhere in there are two Salvador Dali ties. I found them both at yard sales for a quarter. There's a nice nude woman tie (in the upper right) that I've worn only once in public.

cravats
    Wow! You have some really great and famous pattern ties there. The cow and the cowboy are great ones. Are they Signets? I have a Signet with the cowboy from 1947 named after the movie Duel in the Sun. There were five ties in that series and all I have managed to get is one so far.
    I just got five from a yard sale last week. The cleaners did a real bang up job on them. Photos to come later.

Regards to all,

J
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

New In Town
    Hi everyone-

I posted these pics in the "General Attire" category, but I thought they might also belong in this "Show Us Your Ties" forum, as well.

A friend of mine is a collector of vintage 1940's American neckties. He sent the pics below (and others) of his collection to his friends and family last year. He's a nice chap and we talk often about all things "vintage". I've seen his collection once in person, and it is truly is a sight to behold...

Enjoy!

Gone Home

Holy Hand paints Bat-Man!

Umm, yeah, those are beautiful! I have never seen so many 40's ties in one place! Makes me not want to even share mine.

But, oh well, I'll share any way!

I have a slew of 30's and early 40's ties but, all in good time.

WR.

New In Town
    Wow...your ties are wonderful, Wild Root!

Practically Family
    I'm from Santiago, Chile, but am now living in Los Angeles.

Super, Root! You have every reason to be satisfied with your collection. There's an art to selecting these things!

Gone Home
    Yeah, I suppose so. I have gotten more ties now since I took those photos earlier this year. I'll take some more photos and post them soon.

I have a sickness; I hardly ever pass on a good tie. Because once you see one, you know the next time you will not be so lucky.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like!

WR.

Scandinavia- location, location, location
    I have only a few old ties but I like 'em.

I have a few nice plain ones.

B
    T
    Looking with my good ear peeled.