Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler Different from Wolverine 1000-Mile Boot?

I like the patina of the well-worn GT's. I'm thinking of getting a pair.
    "Style, your either have it or you don't, and if you have it you have it all the time." - The Lovable Rogue
    www.thelovablerogue.com

Dunno Paddy they look good to me.I just ordered a pair of William Lennon's traditional workboot in a dark brown grain with a commando sole...as you say in the real world you need grip.if I am honest I'd love a pair fitted with segs and heel plates but know they'd be impractical.
    As kids we used to have segs in all of our shoes/boots (Doc M's excepted) even the solid rubber soled variety as they'd make sparks when using your feet to brake coming down hills at night on yer bike!

Practically Family Phantomfixer's Avatar
    Paddy,
    Awesome look to those boots, ...Beckman 9011's. The website for RW shows only D sizes. Paddy yours look wide, are they? Can the 9011 come in E? I love the Black Cherry. I tried on RW Chukkas at Nordstroms, too narrow, took em back. Salesman tried to make me understand, "they will break in". I was always told good shoes should fit good right out of the box.... Any input guys? Paddy?
    Thanks
    John
    "It is better to be down here, wishing you were up there, than up here wishing you were down there."

I tried the Red Wing 9011's but they hurt my ankle. Pity, I like they way they look. The search continues.
    "Style, your either have it or you don't, and if you have it you have it all the time." - The Lovable Rogue
    www.thelovablerogue.com

I bought a pair of Wolverine Addison boots, liked them so much, I bought a pair of 1000 Mile boots for hot days on the motorcycle. Fit right out of the box and combatable, no break in needed!

Hobo Boots

Here are my Wolverine Addison boots. Very comfortable, and classy looking. You don't have to look like a Hobo when you work!

I should have added, the Addisons are the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned, right out of the box! Makes you wonder why tennis shoes surplanted this style of boot?

Familiar Face
    new to TFL and you guys are inspiring (and killing my bank account!)

to match my aero highwayman brown oil-pull horsehide, i just bought a pair of wolverine 1000 mile in brown -- can't wait to get them and break them in.

I bought a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots in rust this weekend. Love them. I'm also going to get a pair of Red Wing 606's for foul weather.
    www.thelovablerogue.com

After a 30 mile hike in Scotland And very comfy.

But Gents, I had to break them in, so they were not comfy straight out of the box for 'me.' But I never expect boots to be, so that's never an issue.

In response to the Gentleman (above) who posted about the RM's. I LOVE RM's. In fact I'm wearing a pair now. Again, depending on the 'style/model' some are immediately comfy (likes of the work boots such as The Yard and The Gardener). But the more 'dress' styles tend to be more 'hugging' to the foot (so will feel tight) until the leather gives (and it will). Once it comforms to 'your foot,' it will become like a slipper. Plus the leather is so great in these boots that the more beat up and patina they have the better they look, IMHO.

Last edited by PADDY; 04-09-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    "Hot ginger and dynamite, There's nothing but that at night,
    Back in Nagasaki Where the fellers chew tobaccy and the
    women wicky-wacky Woo."

An Earl Grey in a sea of Latte...