Advertisements
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ELC Pearl Harbor Time Worn A2 fit

One of the Regulars

ELC Pearl Harbor Time Worn A2 fit

Advertisements
    After wearing my Highwayman for such a long time I decided to dig out the A2 (Eastman Pearl Harbor time worn). I love this jacket so much. It looks really good and the time worn really makes it great. The fit concerns me a bit. Although it generally looks okay - arm length, back etc, there is a bit too much leather round the torso. It appears that there is excess space within the jacket.

Does anyone else have this model Eastman? What do you think about this pattern. I wonder if I wouldn't be better off with a size 40 instead of 42? I will try to take a photo perhaps. Any thoughts appreciated.

Maybe someone with the same jacket or a 50 cal could trade if they needed a size up. I'm torn because I love the jacket.

I have the same jacket in a 44 and I agree that the finish is fantastic. I also agree that it is slightly bulky in the torso, more so than my Aero A2, but I like the freedom which allows me to layer underneath the Eastman
    My only slight grievance is the collar which sits a little too high and digs upwards iinto my neck a little. I've reworked the collar to a better shape but it still generally sits high for my taste.

One of the Regulars
    Thanks. I thought it may be a larger cut jacket than some. I may just live with it as I like the jacket so much. Can't decide if its too big or not.

Looks about right to me. Slightly big from the rear angle. Maybe good to wear a sweatshirt underneath.

you can shrink it soaking it in hot water and putting it in the dryer. See my Tuskegee A-2 topic I just posted -

It should turn out PERFECTLY.

Or just leave it as it is and wear it with enjoyment - as I do.

One of the Regulars
    Thanks for the advice. I keep changing my mind but may get rid of it. I am just not quite happy with the fit.

Has anyone compared makers sizing?

For example an Eastman 40 might be a Aero 42 or Good Wear 44 - just an example. I guess that is too complicated as there are different patterns by makers which may vary in size.

I have a 40 Wested Indy which fits perfect and a Aero Highwayman 42, also a good fit but my Eastman 42 seems too large. I suppose sizing is one of those problems and why custom made jackets make sense.

Practically Family
    Sizing varies considerably among makers. Just peruse some of the other threads here and you will see obvious differences in fit. Look at authentic photos from WW2 and note how some fits are snug and others look like they are twice as roomy as your A2.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasb
    Has anyone compared makers sizing?
    Aero A2 Burma Bridge Busters size 44.

Eastman A2 Pearl Harbour size 44