Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Blonde Thread

The Ultimate Blonde Thread

So, I want to try something different and have decided to go blonde. My natural hair color is a very, dark chestnut brown and is pretty long now. I'd like to go to a honey/champaign color... but I'm not sure if it will look okay. My hair is in good condition, but my stylists has already warned me it might take up to 5 processes in order to reach the desired hue. Is it worth it? I'm more than willing to keep up with outgrow if it looks good.

The length now is about mid-back.

Familiar Face
    You're such a cutie! I can totally understand that sometimes one has a need for change. But honestly, if your hairstylist told you that it would take repeated bleaching to achieve the desired result - in my humble opinion I wouldn't do it. The bleaching process strips moisture off your hair and since you have long hair a long-term effect could be split ends. Plus, I think your current hair colour emphasizes your wonderful blue eyes in a perfect way.

I think you would llook really pretty as a blonde, but then you look pretty now too. If you want blonde hair, go for it, you can always take it back to brown if you don't like it. Maybe you should use one of those sites that allow you to try on different hairstyles and hair colors just to see how you would look before spending all that money.

I went from blonde to red last summer and while I really liked the color and the upkeep wasn't too bad, it was still a bit of a headache and I gave up and went back to blonde around Christmas, it still doesn't look normal, but its getting there.
    Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation.
    --Bob Hope

"A List" Customer i_am_the_scruff's Avatar
    I think your haircolour is really nice as it is. I wouoldn't do it - because I wouldn't want to bleach so much hair.. but then again I have naturally brown hair and now the majority is pink and that involved bleaching it.. BUT only once and my hair is in good condition. I did that when I was 14 (18 now), I don't know if I would bleach that much hair.

I have my hair bleached every 4 weeks and to be honest, even though my hair is still really soft, its starting to break at the temples (I sleep on my side).

As much as I love being blonde I so sometime swish I hadn't done it...

Could you perhaps try having a streak put in (according to the Turudich book that can be period correct...if you worry about such things)?

also - the combination of dark hair and blue eyes is very attractive, I wouldn't mess with the magic nature gave you, seeing as it was such a great combination in the first place![/
    http://smuterella.blogspot.com/

rancorous, coiffeured old sow

I want to be blond too!! I don't what to dye my hair but I want to be more blonde than I am. Like I was when I was 5 or so. The sun can make it blonder but can anything else help me? Does putting lemon in it help? Or those shampoos for blondes?

Smuterella. That's my nightmare! But you seem to cope very well.

M

One of the Regulars glamour-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jayem
    So, I want to try something different and have decided to go blonde. My natural hair color is a very, dark chestnut brown and is pretty long now. I'd like to go to a honey/champaign color... but I'm not sure if it will look okay. My hair is in good condition, but my stylists has already warned me it might take up to 5 processes in order to reach the desired hue. Is it worth it? I'm more than willing to keep up with outgrow if it looks good.

The length now is about mid-back.
    you'r so pretty already, why would you want to change your hair ? if you want a lighter shade, i suggest you start with highlights, brunnetes tend to turn orange when trying to go blond (learned that the hard way )
    look...it's that 40's girl again !!!

I think the contrast you have now between your dark hair and blue eyes is fantastic. I don't know if they'd have as much of a POP with the blonde. I'd go try on some wigs in the color you're thinking of and see how they look

One of the Regulars
    I must be the only natural blonde who doesn't want to be! With my pale skin, it's like everything fades away into nondiscript blah.

I look best as a redhead.

hmmm, I have blonde hair, pale skin and pale eyes and it can make me look washed out, but thats what make up is for!
    http://smuterella.blogspot.com/

rancorous, coiffeured old sow