Advertisements
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 122

Thread: (Re)Book-em Danno

  1. #11
    One Too Many Nathan Dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Near Miami
    Posts
    1,051

    Thumbs down




    Advertisements
    Those credits look more like one of the CSI clones.

    The new "Five-O" team resembles the Mod Squad more than a state police force. Only Scott Caan exudes any kind of bad-assery and if he's got half the chops his old man does, then he'll be the best thing about this show.

    As for the gender flopping of Kono, they could've at least hired a 300lb Hawaiian actress for the part, as a nod to the original.

    Alex O'Loughlin??? God help us.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The ruins of the golden era.
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Dodge
    Those credits look more like one of the CSI clones.

    The new "Five-O" team resembles the Mod Squad more than a state police force. Only Scott Caan exudes any kind of bad-assery and if he's got half the chops his old man does, then he'll be the best thing about this show.

    As for the gender flopping of Kono, they could've at least hired a 300lb Hawaiian actress for the part, as a nod to the original.

    Alex O'Loughlin??? God help us.

    I'm always surprised how many good looking people work in law enforcement.

  3. #13
    Call Me a Cab Doctor Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    2,923
    Yet another old TV series-based movie that will probably suck, and that I won't be seeing theatrically.

    They're a plague!

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The ruins of the golden era.
    Posts
    537
    Was the original Hawaii 5-0 so formulaic?

    Stern commander (McGarrett) Check.
    Loose cannon younger officer (Danno) check.
    Gorgeous female officer who is just as competent as the men (Kono) check
    token minority/off-beat officer (Kim's character) check.

    I agree with Dodge. Perhaps they should just call it CSI: Hawai'i.

  5. #15
    One Too Many Nathan Dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Near Miami
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Atropos
    Was the original Hawaii 5-0 so formulaic?

    Stern commander (McGarrett) Check.
    Loose cannon younger officer (Danno) check.
    Gorgeous female officer who is just as competent as the men (Kono) check
    token minority/off-beat officer (Kim's character) check.

    I agree with Dodge. Perhaps they should just call it CSI: Hawai'i.
    And fifty-one years of statehood and the Hawaiians don't get on the "team"??? The guy from the Neo-Gilligan's Island just keeps his suitacses unpacked???

    This show just reeks of marketing for the all-important 18-35 group.

    As to O'Loughlin's rise to the top of Five-O, I'm sure that there would be plenty of police officers who've served as long as O'Loughlin's been alive would be none-too-pleased at being passed over for that job!

    On the Jimmy Kimmel Show, the host said to O'Loughlin: "You're in the new Five-O; you're playing Jack Lord."

    Ha! Not "You're playing Steve McGarrett" but rather "You're playing Jack Lord"!!! Proof, as if anyone needed it, that Jack Lord IS Steve McGarrett!!!

    As to the real, original Hawaii Five-O, just ordered the eighth season DVD; on sale at Amazon.

  6. #16
    One Too Many Talbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    1,617
    Who was the Chinese bad guy (not Wo Fat) that always seemed to be saying 'I'll get you McGarrett!'

    Not a movie without him....

  7. #17
    Practically Family Atomic Age's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Strange
    Yet another old TV series-based movie that will probably suck, and that I won't be seeing theatrically.

    They're a plague!
    Its not a movie, its a new TV show.

    Doug

  8. #18
    Practically Family Atomic Age's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    699
    Any show with Grace Park in a bikini is okay in my book!

    Doug

  9. #19
    One Too Many Nathan Dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Near Miami
    Posts
    1,051

    Talking

    If Alex O'Loughlin becomes a big star, will people in the tabloid/mainstream media (they're one and the same,,,) refer to him as "AOL"?

  10. #20
    Call Me a Cab Doctor Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Age
    Its not a movie, its a new TV show.

    Doug
    That's okay, I still won't watch it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •