Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 524

Thread: Down Bottom - The Girdle Thread: OBGs, PantyGs, shapewear, cinchers and the like

  1. #381
    One of the Regulars jetgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    O-town
    Posts
    270
    So maybe the vintage girdle wearers can tell me -- I just bought a really great vintage Rago that is very long. Do I pull it up higher -- ie: where is it supposed to hit on my torso? It has plastic "boning" horizontally on the top sides, but no vertical bones; should I worry about it rolling?

  2. #382
    "A List" Customer Gracie Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, FL
    Posts
    378
    Can't help you jetgirl, but I just had a really great girdle buying experience that I wanted to share. I bought 2 girdles, labeled as vintage, from OrchardCorset.com, and I can't recommend them more highly. I ordered an OBG and a "girdlette" (basically a firm control deep garter belt), got ridiculous deals on both, paid all of $1 more than normal shipping to have them expedited, and received them today, only three days after I ordered. They were shipped from Washington state to Florida - I really wasn't expecting them til next week! I ordered the same size I wear in my modern Rago, and they both fit beautifully. I'll be using OrchardCorset for all my girdle needs from here on out!
    "So... you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"

  3. #383
    "A List" Customer RodeoRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    416
    Hello ladies! I'm going to be ordering the Rago 21 waist cincher this spring, but I have a little question about sizing. My waist is a pretty steady 25", but they only come in even sizing. I might get up to a 26" occasionally (say, the morning after a fried-chicken-and-ice-cream sort of dinner ) so I don't want to be unable to get into it on days like that. But if I order the size 26, won't it be too loose most of the time? So do I order one size up or one size down?

    I know the 21 is a hit around here, so I'm hoping someone will have had a similar experience and can weigh in

  4. #384
    New In Town Brabarella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    21
    Hello RodeoRose,
    I donít wear the 21, so I canít comment first-hand, but we do sell a lot of them. A size small is actually considered a 25-26Ē (64-66 cm), so youíre still within the range. An XS will fit you also. It comes down to comfort vs. amount of waist cinching that you want. If you havenít worn a corset or cincher before, Iíd opt for the small; while I know that experienced wearers many times will go down a size. Hope that helps a little.

    http://www.brabarellanews.blogspot.com

  5. #385
    "A List" Customer RodeoRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Brabarella View Post
    Hello RodeoRose,
    I donít wear the 21, so I canít comment first-hand, but we do sell a lot of them. A size small is actually considered a 25-26Ē (64-66 cm), so youíre still within the range. An XS will fit you also. It comes down to comfort vs. amount of waist cinching that you want. If you havenít worn a corset or cincher before, Iíd opt for the small; while I know that experienced wearers many times will go down a size. Hope that helps a little.
    Thanks so much! This is just what I was wondering. I'm quite used to suffering for beauty and I'm hoping this will whittle my waist down enough to be comfortable (instead of squished!) in my 24" waisted skirts and dresses, so I think I'll go for the 24"/XS.

  6. #386
    "A List" Customer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeoRose View Post
    Hello ladies! I'm going to be ordering the Rago 21 waist cincher this spring, but I have a little question about sizing. My waist is a pretty steady 25", but they only come in even sizing. I might get up to a 26" occasionally (say, the morning after a fried-chicken-and-ice-cream sort of dinner ) so I don't want to be unable to get into it on days like that. But if I order the size 26, won't it be too loose most of the time? So do I order one size up or one size down?

    I know the 21 is a hit around here, so I'm hoping someone will have had a similar experience and can weigh in
    My reply is a bit late, but I want to weigh in on your query since I have the same size waist and the 21 cincher. I have the XS size, and it's not too tight at all. In fact, I like the controlled feeling--it's sort of like dull pressure around the midsection. Nothing I can't handle for several hours, but after about eight-ten hours in it my sides do start to hurt a little. The cinching can't be beat, though!

  7. #387
    New In Town pin_up_pixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nor Cal, east bay
    Posts
    46
    Hello ladies. First I'd like to say that after 38 pages I feel like I have learned so much, thank you. I do need a bit of advice though, I have 2 playsuits that I love, but I feel that I need foundation garments under them. OBG or "shorts" girdles don't work, and I'd like more then just a waist cincher so that my hips are smooth. I am thinking about a "brief" style, but I'm worried about VPLs and fat rolls at the top of the thighs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here are the playsuits I have:
    it's better to be looked over than over looked. www.pinuplifestyle.com www.pinuplifestyle.com/profile/pin_up_pixie

  8. #388
    Call Me a Cab Black Dahlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Portobello Club
    Posts
    2,597
    Quote Originally Posted by pin_up_pixie View Post
    Hello ladies. First I'd like to say that after 38 pages I feel like I have learned so much, thank you. I do need a bit of advice though, I have 2 playsuits that I love, but I feel that I need foundation garments under them. OBG or "shorts" girdles don't work, and I'd like more then just a waist cincher so that my hips are smooth. I am thinking about a "brief" style, but I'm worried about VPLs and fat rolls at the top of the thighs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here are the playsuits I have:
    Hi there pin-up-pixie!

    I have a couple of play suits, but usually skip the foundation garment underneath. Now you've got me thinking about it! *LOL* I recently bought this item, but I haven't gotten it yet. Maybe it would work for you under your play suits? As it's a brief/waist cincher combo.

    http://www.brabarella.com/floatpages...s/rago6109.htm

    X,
    BD
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
    Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten loreó
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.... - The Raven (1845), Edgar Allan Poe


    Oh, for the Love of Vintage! (blog)

    https://twitter.com/ohloveofvintage

  9. #389
    New In Town ferula98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    20
    Love kiss me deadly, they were so helpful when i was searching for something that was out of stock on the website. Its nice to have wearable underwear that isnt too unconfortable to wear all day!

    Love,
    Flair in a ladys boudoir
    http://jessicalouisegladstone.blogspot.com/

  10. #390
    New In Town ferula98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    20
    Sorry darlings i have changed my home to

    http://flairinaladysboudoir.blogspot.com/

    Please come and visit x

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •