Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy pants

Call Me a Cab

Indy pants

Advertisements
    I went to Indy gear and read up on the Indy pants and then went to LLBean, they don't offer that pant any longer. The iitem # was TA 25771 The new item # is Ta 46381 or TA 46385. One is a 60/40 blend and the other one is a 100% cotton The costs are $46.00 and $44.00 They still have the taupe color.Is there another pant co you would recommend.

Roger

Recently Indy Magnoli posted at COW that there's a REAL good choice at Dillards for consideration. Check over there for details. No need to 'clutter up' another forum with duplicate material. (grins) Regards. Michaelson
    "...remember to read chapters 4 and 5...."

Call Me a Cab
    Sorry still learning.

Nothing to be sorry for. To many rocks to turn over around these parts to know where EVERYTHING is hidden. (grins) High regards. Michaelson
    "...remember to read chapters 4 and 5...."

Wested Indy Trousers

So today I received my Wested Indy trousers. High marks to Wested for delivering them within FOUR business days (ordered online Sunday night, delivered Thursday morning) from Britain to Nevada!!!

Fit and quality is spot on. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the taper, which is quite pronounced. Anyone else experience this and consider it a negative?

My question is, among the various makers of Indy/Adventure trousers, who has the best trousers in terms of quality and with little taper, or at least not quite the taper as the Wested version.
    Slow down, you'll get a more harmonious outcome.

Take a pic when you get a chance. If I remember correctly (and I could just google it right now though I'm going to seem backwards and not) Indy's trousers were narrow toward the boot. Not at all like WWII officer trousers. He wore them long and they bunched up at the boot.

Oh... Here, I googled. Loose in the thigh and a bit pegged at the ankle with a more modern opening at the foot.

Looking for my Emma Peel.

INSTAGRAM
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE

This is what I mean by pronounced taper:

Slow down, you'll get a more harmonious outcome.

My Mail is Forwarded Here DanielJones's Avatar
    From what I understand, Wested was supposed to have come out with a new model of these trousers that had either a straighter leg & a more open cuff so as to drape over the second eyelet of your shoes or boots or extra material to allow the wearer the option of letting them out. I just can't remember which it is supposed to be.. It appears that you may have their older model.
    One thing you may check on is to see if there is an extra material in the seams that can be let out to straighten the legs a bit and open the cuff. Best bet is to check with your local tailor/seamstress & see what they can do. Shouldn't cost too much to do.
    Please do let us know what you come up with. Maybe show us some pics of the inside seams.

If you're looking for super quality with no taper, you might try Magnoli Clothiers. The Adventure Pants. He can have them made to any spec you require.

Cheers!

Dan
    "If you believe everything you read, better not read." - Japanese Proverb

Those Wested ones Always looked a bit too flannel and too red for my liking.

Thank for the pics.
    Looking for my Emma Peel.

INSTAGRAM
    Deckard's Guide

END OF LINE

Those pants look very narrow at the cuff.
    What is the measurement?