Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's In Your Bathroom Library?

In my bathroom creams and Klennex and hair dryer soap things for my long hair like hair bands and pins...... eau the cologne a big bottle that I bought in Galeries Lafayette in Paris amazing cologne, orange blossom mmmmmmmm ..... that's about it

No books

Currently there is a copy of the Art of Manliness blog's Manvotationals in my bathroom.

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    I used to always keep car magazines in the rest room. With the popularity of smart phones, nobody reads them anymore, so I don't. Less clutter in there now.
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

Appropriately enough, I keep a copy of "Uncle John's Great Australian Bathroom Reader" in my toilet.

It was a present from a friend a long time ago.

One Too Many
    Quote Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
    When I went to university in England, we kept a copy of "War an Peace" in the bathroom. Our guests were usually impressed and some of them even spend more time than they would have needed in there....
    Nowadays: Mailorder catalogues, travel literature and sometimes a novel finds its way there.
    My my best friend and I roomed together during our last year of law school, and we kept Jean Paul Sartre on our bathroom rack! My friend took his master's degree in political philosophy, and thought it the best place to keep Monsieur Sartre's works!

Incurably Addicted John in Covina's Avatar
    a Gun Test issue, The Big Nowhere, the Ikea Catalog, old copy of Cigar Aficionado with an article about home video editing, a book on samurai swords an art brown fountain pen catalog, National Lampoon's High School yearbook. A book on home video. A collection of "What About" pamphlets from the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. An old Star Trek magazine. A sci-fi collection with the day of the triffids in it. A report on Esterbrook fountain pens.
    Blue Skies!

Nothing actually kept in the can but I am usually accompanied by my iPod Touch (to peruse local online newspapers) or one of the many issues of Uncle John's Bathroom Readers (didn't know about the Australian one, Shangas!).

Quote Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
    When I went to university in England, we kept a copy of "War an Peace" in the bathroom. Our guests were usually impressed and some of them even spend more time than they would have needed in there....
    Nowadays: Mailorder catalogues, travel literature and sometimes a novel finds its way there.
    Hi

I read A LOT, but I've never finished War and Peace. When I say a lot, I read over 50 books last year, not comic books either. I didn't like the characters in War and Peace, when I decided I hoped they all died, I just put the book down.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”

Well, only because we had the book on the loo doesn't mean that I've read it. And it's unlikely that I ever will. Same goes for Jane Austen books.

Esquire Big Black Book