Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maltese Falcon Replica

New In Town

Maltese Falcon Replica

I just wanted to give you film noir fans a heads up on a recently completed replica sculpt of the Maltese Falcon.

It's currently in a limited, signed and numbered run over at the Replica Prop Forum with heavy weighted and cold-cast bronze versions available.

Just curious to see if anyone over here is interested.

Ciao

I received my black bird and it is gorgeous.
    The sculpt, cast, and finish are all top notch.
    Workwear is the new Black.
    I'm not a bearded logger but play one on the internets

Price? Order info ???

I would be very interested to know pricing, and I bet shipping is a bear!
    Thanks ahead for more info!
    I got 8 slugs in me, one's lead the rest bourbon. It packs a wallop. I pack a revolver. I'm a private eye.-Tracer Bullet

Shipping will inevitably be expensive due to the weight of a good bird.... I will, inevitably, buy one myself eventually though. Money no object, I'd have two - one for the office, one for home!
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

What's the price on this one??

Incurably Addicted John in Covina's Avatar
    Looks really nice! MK had done a run or two of replicas some time ago and i have one of his in my home.
    Blue Skies!

New In Town
    Sorry guys, after not getting any response on this forum for months I completly forgot about this page. Details are as follows.

The sculpt is an exact milimeter by milimeter reproduction of the falcon, based on measurements taken from the authenticated bird that Christies had up for auction. Everything down to the number, angle, and placement of the feathers on the feet is precisely duplicated. I've had numerous Falcon aficianodos and even art experts declare it to be dead-on accurate. Adam Savage himself owns two, if that tells you anything.

The bird is offered in 3 versions to suit budget and taste.

The Resin Blackbird is a solid 5lb resin replica painted semi-gloss black. $160. Shipping to US runs about $19.

The Weighted Blackbird is the same as above, only it is internally weighted to 15lbs. $210 + about $40 shipping domestic.

And the Bronze Dingus is a cold-cast bronze that weighs about 16lbs. It's a fine art piece meant to show off the sculpt and artistry of the design. $400 + about $40 shipping.

Inquiries can be directed to ozdeshaw@live.com

Cheers,
    Oz

My Mail is Forwarded Here Mike in Seattle's Avatar
    You can generally find other replica versions on Ebay almost anytime. True, not signed or numbered, and not the stated weight of the original, but nonetheless fun to have around.
    "Would you care for an olive? Auntie Mame says olives take up too much room in a little glass."

Holy crap, OZ!!!

Folks, I have to tell you, if you get the chance to get one of Oz's sculpts, GRAB IT. The thing is SPECTACULAR.

I have a weighted resin one on my mantel right now, and it is... well, it's spectacular. The man's an artist. This isn't a generic e-bay POS "dingus" -- I've seen lots of "replicas" of the black bird, and this one is whole magnitudes better than the others.