Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 1,681 to 1,685 of 1685

Thread: Vintage Family Photos

My Mail is Forwarded Here Big Man's Avatar

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    Interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Renault, loved reading about your ancestor. Another good ol' Texas family!

(Hubby's dad just registered Hubby/Lily in the Old 300 lineage. Familiar with it? http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/o...articles/umo01)
    Yes ma'am! I am. Furthest back I can find anything is on my mom's side of the family. That's 1845. There were very distant cousins here but I don't really count them cause they are so many times removed.

Big Man.
    My GG grandpappys mother was a Gatewood. She had a grand nephew by the name of Lt. Charles Gatewood. Look him up!
    "I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; my pipe of briar, my open fire, a book that's not too new."

Robert W. Service

My Mail is Forwarded Here Big Man's Avatar
    Big Man.
    My GG grandpappys mother was a Gatewood. She had a grand nephew by the name of Lt. Charles Gatewood. Look him up!

He should have been given the CMH.

Yes ma'am! I am. Furthest back I can find anything is on my mom's side of the family. That's 1845. There were very distant cousins here but I don't really count them cause they are so many times removed.
    Hubby's several-times great grandfather Meredith was in Texas, called to help defend the Alamo, but when it fell he was re-directed to San Jacinto to help Houston out. He helped guard Santa Anna after his surrender. That was 1836, correct? I think he moved to Texas in 1834, when he was around 16 years old. Crazy.

Meredith is the 10th visible man from the left in the front row. He is wearing a dark hat, and is seated to the right of the gentleman tipping his hat at the camera. We believe it was taken in 1883. The caption on the back is "1836 Texas Veterans at Belton". Crazy! And a few of Hubby's great uncles look eerily similar to Meredith. It's the ears.

My family is relatively new to the United States - my great grandfather sailed around The Horn on a fishing ship from Norway back in the 1870s.
    Last edited by Babydoll; 03-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Practically Family
    My paternal grandparents with my father (the older boy), 1956

My paternal grandparents...1950s or early 60s

As related by my now-deceased grandmother, my grandfather wearing just a T-Shirt, as pictured above, was very controversial with his own family. His aunt would ask my grandmother, "How could you marry a man who goes around outside in his underwear?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santo.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	25949