Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JAXONBILT Hats ??????

JAXONBILT Hats ??????

Does anyone have a hat from JAXONBILT Hats or has had dealings with them?
    I was thinking about ordering, but want to check it out with TFL first. Thanks

Jaxon, yes -- never heard them called Jaxonbilt. Jaxon is a lower-cost line of hats sold through Village Hat Shop in California. Decent entry-level hat; I have one of their crushable c-crown fedoras.
    "A gentleman is any man who wouldn't hit a woman with his hat on." -- Fred Allen

Are these the guys you're talking about? I have never heard of them before, and I can't find any information on the makeup of the felt.
    Respectfully, if possibly sarcastically,
    John

And... South Pacific! Just outside of Philly!

Also, my Food Blog has posts again, so check it out.

Hi

I asked a similar question a month or so ago. I expect the guy who answered it offline to respond. Basically he has at least a couple of 100% beaver hats from them and loves them both. Said that they still looked good after 5 years. I plan on buying a 50% beaver one for wearing outdoors.

Later
    Mike

Groucho Marx said it best:
    “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying all the wrong remedies.”

The link to the website is http://www.jaxonbilthats.com/, I don't think that it is the same as Village Hat Shop.

Yes, they are the ones.

I have three Jaxonbilt hats, one that is 50X, and two that are 100x. I wore the 50x during a two week survival course in the Utah desert with high heat during the day, really cold temperatures at night, rain, etc, in short everything that the elements could throw at it and it still looks almost brand new. Buy a Jaxonbilt and don't look back. They make a fine product and the owner Roy, is a pleasure to do business with.

Just make sure you get your order in soon if you have a specific event you need it for, because as with most custom products they are not fast. He'll also send you his "conformer kit" which not also measures the size of your head, but the shape as well which is crucial. We all have little bumps on whatnot that make a custom fit the only real way to go. Once you go custom you never go back.
    Slow down, you'll get a more harmonious outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage68 View Post
    I have three Jaxonbilt hats, one that is 50X, and two that are 100x. I wore the 50x during a two week survival course in the Utah desert with high heat during the day, really cold temperatures at night, rain, etc, in short everything that the elements could throw at it and it still looks almost brand new. Buy a Jaxonbilt and don't look back. They make a fine product and the owner Roy, is a pleasure to do business with.

Just make sure you get your order in soon if you have a specific event you need it for, because as with most custom products they are not fast. He'll also send you his "conformer kit" which not also measures the size of your head, but the shape as well which is crucial. We all have little bumps on whatnot that make a custom fit the only real way to go. Once you go custom you never go back.
    Thanks a bunch really good information!! I am waiting on color samples that he is sending me, I have nver had anyone do that before. Seems Like a first class guy.

My Mail is Forwarded Here Neophyte's Avatar
    I've seen these guys before. Their catalog looks pretty good, though I'm not into most of those styles. The two Elko models, though, look cool (especially the black one with gold trim).
    ---Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    I've seen these guys before. Their catalog looks pretty good, though I'm not into most of those styles. The two Elko models, though, look cool (especially the black one with gold trim).
    Thanks, I am going conservative with this order and will probably be ordering the Cattleman #9. Going west.
    Last edited by msm007; 10-28-2010 at 07:11 AM.