Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishermen's sweaters site

Banned
    Thks Maguire

I found these guys: http://www.aransweatermarket.com/

But who are some of the popular online retailers with forum members?

Sou'west Chunkie roll-neck gansey arrived this week and it's great. Wore it all day Wednesday and I'm very, very pleased. I think, after wearing it for the days, I could have gone for an inch longer, but it fits great as is, and is exactly as requested.

Their service has already been commented on, but I have to say Peter is fantastic to deal with, just a superb gentleman and I'll be shopping there again for sure.

One of the Regulars
    I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.

Yep! If you go a couple of pages back you'll see that mine has them. Kudos to Rudie for discovering some of the customisation options they offer.

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklishchap View Post
    I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.
    Both of my sweaters from Peter have turnback cuffs. I wore my turtleneck (polo neck) yesterday in denim dark blue nepp wool yesterday. Very cool color - looks like a pair of jeans after 6 months.

Here's another couple photos of my chunkie

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by casechopper View Post
    Here's another couple photos of my chunkie

Looks great on you.

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    Yep! If you go a couple of pages back you'll see that mine has them. Kudos to Rudie for discovering some of the customisation options they offer.
    Yes, my Gansey has those as well. I had in mind a Chunkie with long turn-back cuffs rather like those of a military 'woolly pully'.

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayland View Post
    Both of my sweaters from Peter have turnback cuffs. I wore my turtleneck (polo neck) yesterday in denim dark blue nepp wool yesterday. Very cool color - looks like a pair of jeans after 6 months.
    That sounds very good. I shall have to think about the next colour. I have black/dark grey and chocolate brown at the moment.

"A List" Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklishchap View Post
    Good Morning, yes both of my Sou'West Chunkies have turn back cuffs, it should not be a problem. Indeed they are excelent sweaters.