Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 262

Thread: Fishermen's sweaters site

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8
    Thks Maguire

    I found these guys: http://www.aransweatermarket.com/

    But who are some of the popular online retailers with forum members?

  2. #142
    One of the Regulars MJCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lancashire, UK.
    Posts
    142
    Sou'west Chunkie roll-neck gansey arrived this week and it's great. Wore it all day Wednesday and I'm very, very pleased. I think, after wearing it for the days, I could have gone for an inch longer, but it fits great as is, and is exactly as requested.

    Their service has already been commented on, but I have to say Peter is fantastic to deal with, just a superb gentleman and I'll be shopping there again for sure.

  3. #143
    One of the Regulars
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    233
    I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.

  4. #144
    One Too Many Metatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,034
    Yep! If you go a couple of pages back you'll see that mine has them. Kudos to Rudie for discovering some of the customisation options they offer.

  5. #145
    Practically Family
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklishchap View Post
    I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.
    Both of my sweaters from Peter have turnback cuffs. I wore my turtleneck (polo neck) yesterday in denim dark blue nepp wool yesterday. Very cool color - looks like a pair of jeans after 6 months.

  6. #146
    One Too Many casechopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Teaneck, NJ
    Posts
    1,854
    Here's another couple photos of my chunkie


  7. #147
    One of the Regulars
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by casechopper View Post
    Here's another couple photos of my chunkie

    Looks great on you.

  8. #148
    One of the Regulars
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    Yep! If you go a couple of pages back you'll see that mine has them. Kudos to Rudie for discovering some of the customisation options they offer.
    Yes, my Gansey has those as well. I had in mind a Chunkie with long turn-back cuffs rather like those of a military 'woolly pully'.

  9. #149
    One of the Regulars
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayland View Post
    Both of my sweaters from Peter have turnback cuffs. I wore my turtleneck (polo neck) yesterday in denim dark blue nepp wool yesterday. Very cool color - looks like a pair of jeans after 6 months.
    That sounds very good. I shall have to think about the next colour. I have black/dark grey and chocolate brown at the moment.

  10. #150
    "A List" Customer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklishchap View Post
    I wonder if Peter would make me a Chunkie or a Gansey with turn-back cuffs - as that's the one thing I miss about the two (one of each) that I have. They are really excellent fishermen's sweaters.
    Good Morning, yes both of my Sou'West Chunkies have turn back cuffs, it should not be a problem. Indeed they are excelent sweaters.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •