Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I recruited one.

I recruited one.

I went yesterday to the Men's Wearhouse to pick up a suit that was ready from alterations. When I walked in the door wearing my new Stetson Whippet, one of the customers said to his wife "look, honey, a hat from the 40's. I wish I could buy a hat like that." I said "You can." He had and I-whatchamagiggie and, while the saleman watched patiently, we found the number to the Hatco outlet. He called on his cell phone. They had his size and he ordered it. Then the salesman went back to work and I went to check the fit of the new suit. A new fedora owner (he takes a bow. )

Incurably Addicted John in Covina's Avatar
    It is a neat thing when people come up to inquire about fedoras and you can send them in the right direction.
    Blue Skies!

Yep even in my short time wearing mine I have had a couple of people ask me about them and where they can buy them. That is after I explain to them that you don't have to be a pimp to wear a fedora
    Kind regards,
    Matt

Good for you, fmw. If that guy at Men's Wearhouse was a 7 1/2, by the way, he was a just toss of the coin away from missing out on that hat. I called Hatco on Tuesday ready to buy either a Whippet or Nosatlgia and picked the Nostalgia (which I love.)

That's it in my new avatar.

Good for you fmw, keep up the good work!
    You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat!

Lyle Lovett

At least he wasn't underage.
    Simplicity never goes out of style, and never comes into fashion.

Ordered it right there on his cell phone?! That's really amazing. Stetson should put you on their payroll and let you run!

I've had a few big talkers - people coming up saying they want to get one and asking where. I've never seen any follow through. I think it's the price.

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I went yesterday to the Men's Wearhouse to pick up a suit that was ready from alterations. When I walked in the door wearing my new Stetson Whippet, one of the customers said to his wife "look, honey, a hat from the 40's. I wish I could buy a hat like that." I said "You can." He had and I-whatchamagiggie and, while the saleman watched patiently, we found the number to the Hatco outlet. He called on his cell phone. They had his size and he ordered it. Then the salesman went back to work and I went to check the fit of the new suit. A new fedora owner (he takes a bow. )
    Copying! The ultimate accoldade.

Incurably Addicted John in Covina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Historyteach24 View Post
    Yep even in my short time wearing mine I have had a couple of people ask me about them and where they can buy them. That is after I explain to them that you don't have to be a pimp to wear a fedora
    Seems like there is a WV fixation on pimps going on!
    Blue Skies!