Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High Crown

High Crown

I was watching Scareface with Paul Muni and George Raft last night. I really liked the High crown Fadora that George Raft was wearing. Does anyone know where I can find one like that?

Do you mean this one?

It's a great looking hat alright, and it does have a high crown. I can't say I'm into high crowns myself, but they look good on others, especially actors from back in the day. It looks like it has a center crease with a relatively narrow front pinch.
    Romans 10:9
    Sincerely,
    J.B.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dave View Post
    I was watching Scareface with Paul Muni and George Raft last night. I really liked the High crown Fadora that George Raft was wearing. Does anyone know where I can find one like that?
    Contact Art Fawcett here : http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/ and tell him what you want and he'll make one for ya

Banned
    That has to be at least a 6" open crown.

Quote Originally Posted by monbla256 View Post
    Contact Art Fawcett here : http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/ and tell him what you want and he'll make one for ya
    Here is an Art Fawcett high crown example for you.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm real happy with the high crowned dress hat I got from Tony B. at Tumwater Hats. Check out his website. Most hats I try don't have enough crown, but this one has room to spare. Frank

Yeah thats the hat I'm looking for I love that hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good View Post
    Do you mean this one?

It's a great looking hat alright, and it does have a high crown. I can't say I'm into high crowns myself, but they look good on others, especially actors from back in the day. It looks like it has a center crease with a relatively narrow front pinch.

New In Town

High Crown Goodness.

Literally my first post here. Such a cool forum.

So I've been through roughly 5 fedoras now. None of which I'm left happy with. In fact I gave them all away.

Except one, my Christy's London fedora. But it's not really what I want - slightly slanted sides and 4" crown is too low, though wonderfully made. Anyone want to buy it?

THE POINT:

I'm looking for a fedora with a round about 2" brim, high crown (5-5.5"), fairly straight sides.

I can't find this anywhere, I think I've been to every site now. The closest I can get is an occasional vintage Ebay find.

Any and all help would literally make me love all more.

Thanks in advance.

/ari ahokas

Keep on the watch in the Classifieds section here on the lounge. Many nice fedoras are posted up constantly and you might find what you are looking for. BTW, Welcome to the lounge!

New In Town
    I was just browsing actually. Nothing so far, besides an expensive Borso which was super sexy