Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Sheep Hat Works

I ordered an Elip Creek a while back from Bob. Hope to have it towards the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob View Post
    I have looked longingly at the Goldfinch many times on Bob's website; that hat just looks fantastic.
    There are at least 4 other models of Bob's hats that I'll probably order. The Golfinch was a must have, though, for me, as I don't have anything similar to the pecan color.

I wore my Black Sheep today, the prettiest hat I own:
    You know what the three most exciting sounds in the world are? Anchor chains, plane motors and train whistles......George Bailey

Working on a new felt hat with Bob as well, but I had him tweak my Milan OR. I loved it when I got it, but felt that it could use a bit of stiffener because it was getting out of shape when I put it on a hat rack. So I sent it back up to Bob, and while he had it, I thought to myself that a little flair in the brim might be nice (similar to my Resistol OR clone). Bob worked his magic, and this came in the mail today:

I really love it, despite my apparent lack of enthusiasm captured in the first picture (and yes, I do need a haircut!).
    ~Jared

'''Greed: It ain't goin anywhere,' they should have that across a big billboard in Times Square!"
    Joe Strummer
    1952-2002

Nice hats Blackthorn and jlee562.

Decided today to email Bob and order a Savannah, too, since I've got an order in for a Goldfinch. He might as well block two hats rather than one, at least that's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT/VSG View Post
    Nice hats Blackthorn and jlee562.

Decided today to email Bob and order a Savannah, too, since I've got an order in for a Goldfinch. He might as well block two hats rather than one, at least that's my theory.
    Good thinking, CPT. You won't be sorry.
    You know what the three most exciting sounds in the world are? Anchor chains, plane motors and train whistles......George Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Good thinking, CPT. You won't be sorry.
    +1 no sense in just having one Sheep, they are herd animals ya know and you should have a flock of them.....

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    I like that new brim curl, jlee! (surprising, I know.) In fact I'm trying to add a touch more swoop to my new FP.
    "I have recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

After speaking with Bob today, and, emailing him an inquiry earlier this week, I sent my down payment for a beaver Elip Creek today. I liked the moss, and, loden ribbon band and edge, but, requested a boxcar with a wind trolley rather than a bow.

These look like beautiful hats, it is my first beaver, and, first custom felt.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlerman View Post
    I like that new brim curl, jlee! (surprising, I know.) In fact I'm trying to add a touch more swoop to my new FP.
    Thank you sir, Bob did a great job with this one, as usual.
    ~Jared

'''Greed: It ain't goin anywhere,' they should have that across a big billboard in Times Square!"
    Joe Strummer
    1952-2002