Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Sheep Hat Works

I ordered an Elip Creek a while back from Bob. Hope to have it towards the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob View Post
    I have looked longingly at the Goldfinch many times on Bob's website; that hat just looks fantastic.
    There are at least 4 other models of Bob's hats that I'll probably order. The Golfinch was a must have, though, for me, as I don't have anything similar to the pecan color.

I wore my Black Sheep today, the prettiest hat I own:
    I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time....Jack London

Working on a new felt hat with Bob as well, but I had him tweak my Milan OR. I loved it when I got it, but felt that it could use a bit of stiffener because it was getting out of shape when I put it on a hat rack. So I sent it back up to Bob, and while he had it, I thought to myself that a little flair in the brim might be nice (similar to my Resistol OR clone). Bob worked his magic, and this came in the mail today:

I really love it, despite my apparent lack of enthusiasm captured in the first picture (and yes, I do need a haircut!).
    ~Jared

'''Greed: It ain't goin anywhere,' they should have that across a big billboard in Times Square!"
    Joe Strummer
    1952-2002

Nice hats Blackthorn and jlee562.

Decided today to email Bob and order a Savannah, too, since I've got an order in for a Goldfinch. He might as well block two hats rather than one, at least that's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT/VSG View Post
    Nice hats Blackthorn and jlee562.

Decided today to email Bob and order a Savannah, too, since I've got an order in for a Goldfinch. He might as well block two hats rather than one, at least that's my theory.
    Good thinking, CPT. You won't be sorry.
    I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time....Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Good thinking, CPT. You won't be sorry.
    +1 no sense in just having one Sheep, they are herd animals ya know and you should have a flock of them.....

My Mail is Forwarded Here
    I like that new brim curl, jlee! (surprising, I know.) In fact I'm trying to add a touch more swoop to my new FP.
    FS on eBay!
    Dobbs Americana
    Gary White fedora
    "I have recently acquired a new hat of such ferocity that it has been running my whole life for me. I wake up in the morning thinking, 'Who shall I wear my hat at today?'"
    --Katherine Whitehorn

After speaking with Bob today, and, emailing him an inquiry earlier this week, I sent my down payment for a beaver Elip Creek today. I liked the moss, and, loden ribbon band and edge, but, requested a boxcar with a wind trolley rather than a bow.

These look like beautiful hats, it is my first beaver, and, first custom felt.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlerman View Post
    I like that new brim curl, jlee! (surprising, I know.) In fact I'm trying to add a touch more swoop to my new FP.
    Thank you sir, Bob did a great job with this one, as usual.
    ~Jared

'''Greed: It ain't goin anywhere,' they should have that across a big billboard in Times Square!"
    Joe Strummer
    1952-2002