1. Perm will not destroy your hair IF you go to a good salon to have it done.
2. Weak hair is not a problem, the stylist will know how much "stuff" to put on your hair, so that's not the problem..
3. Bangs? I guess they can be left alone (not permed if you want them to).. of you'll end up curly as a sheep (But, if you're going for that look, just go for it).
4. If your permed hair gets wet it tends to get "wet sheep" look. Or: it's soaked, and the curls are shrined until it dries. I chose not to go to the seaside because of my hair. But, wind is no problem. Perm is PERMANENT. All curls, all the time. So, no weather can ruin your chemically curled hair. You're safe there.
5. Perm=curl. ALL THE TIME. You wash your hair, run you fingers through it and dry it as naturally as possible. If you have to blow dry it, you have to have a diffuser-thing (http://blog.myhairstylingtools.com/b...r-diffuser.jpg).
NEVER COMB PREMED HAIR!
It will go Cruella de Vil on you!
Only few people managed to straight their hair back. The usual way to remove a perm is CUTTING it off. I had to shave my head, so..
So, think about it. Perming is a big thing.