Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help finding a badge holder

  1. #1
    Practically Family Gene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, La.
    Posts
    963

    Help finding a badge holder

    Hello all,

    I have been scouring the internet trying to find a nice badge wallet for my 30's Private Detective badge, but I cant find anything that's not modern or modern-looking. Maybe I'm asking too much, but my requirements are only that it's a non-recessed snap type with a space for an ID and BROWN leather (most if not all I've seen are black). I'd like it to look pretty much exactly like this but the guy who repro'd them doesn't seem to make them anymore:



    If anyone knows where I could get a vintage or repro one let me know!

    Gene

  2. #2
    Call Me a Cab Tango Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lucasville, OH
    Posts
    2,433
    I don' t know a source but that looks fairly simple. Seems to me you could find a local leatherworker to make one up for you without too much trouble. Saddle and tack shop maybe?

    Good luck,
    Tom
    "One canít stop progress, of course, but Iíd really like to stick out my foot and trip it."

    "A man either lives life as it happens-meets it head on and licks it. Or turns his back on it and begins to wither away."

  3. #3
    Practically Family Kirk H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Hello all,

    I have been scouring the internet trying to find a nice badge wallet for my 30's Private Detective badge, but I cant find anything that's not modern or modern-looking. Maybe I'm asking too much, but my requirements are only that it's a non-recessed snap type with a space for an ID and BROWN leather (most if not all I've seen are black). I'd like it to look pretty much exactly like this but the guy who repro'd them doesn't seem to make them anymore:



    If anyone knows where I could get a vintage or repro one let me know!

    Gene
    Gene, try this company http://www.badgeandwallet.com/wallet...-badge-id-case . They make badge and ID holders for LEO's and they make them in both brown and black. On a side note did you ever find out anything on that vintage M&P. I just picked one up. Mine is a model 10 with a pencil barrel that was made in 1962. They are great revolvers to shoot.

    Regards

    Kirk H.

  4. #4
    Incurably Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Yankee View Post
    find a local leatherworker to make one up for you
    Bingo!!

  5. #5
    Practically Family Gene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, La.
    Posts
    963
    Well, just ordered one thanks to Kirk H.! Hope that it meets my expectations, I'll post some pictures of it later.

    On a side note, I would like to carry the holder and put my concealed carry license inside it. Would that be legal with the obsolete badge or would they take it as I'm "impersonating a private detective?" I can understand you're getting into a gray area there.
    Last edited by Gene; 04-17-2011 at 06:17 PM.

  6. #6
    Practically Family Kirk H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Well, just ordered one thanks to Kirk H.! Hope that it meets my expectations, I'll post some pictures of it later.

    On a side note, I would like to carry the holder and put my concealed carry license inside it. Would that be legal with the obsolete badge or would they take it as I'm "impersonating a private detective?" I can understand you're getting into a gray area there.
    Good question. It all depends on the laws of your local jurisdiction.

    Kirk H.

  7. #7
    One Too Many DeaconKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southern Illinois USA, right in "Bloody Williamson" county
    Posts
    1,137
    Call your local sheriff and ask. In Illinois, it can get you burned for impersonating an officer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •