Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fedora

FB pics will actually work fine IF you copy the URL of the image from the "download" link on your FB album.

Hope the link helps,thats the best that i can do for now. New in town & don't know my way around the Forum just yet.

Wow, it's in great shape.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Practically Family
    Quote Originally Posted by monbla256 View Post
    The most famous coach known for wearing a Fedora was Tom Landry of the Dallas Cowboys. As for your hat, from it's possible age I would say it was made by Resistol as an NFL licensed product. The NFL did not start regulations as for coaches and staff's clothing till the late '80s I believe. Today, coach Landry would NOT be able to wear his suits/hat at a game or press conference as he did then. He'd have to wear NFL licenesed apperall. It's a "bidness" these days.
    Yeah, it's one of the stupider rules. Mike Nolan got permission to wear a suit back in 2006, but for only two games of the season.

That hat is in great shape. Would look great at a Bears home game.

[QUOTE=The Wiser Hatter;1280609]That hat is in great shape. The hat is in great shape but I don't like it for what it is. I am a bears fan but that rope aint working for me. should I alter it or just try to sell it ? anyone have any info on it ? ((( HELP )))

Sell it. As I mentioned earlier, Graham over at Optimo might even be interested in a buying or trading for it. (I can see that on display at his shop or in any number of sports bars around the city.) In any event I'm sure there would be a pretty strong market for it among Bear fans. But hey, it's your hat..................
    Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Well I took the hat over to Optimo and had them put a blue band on it and now I am not happy with how it looks so i will have them put the rope back on it so that I can sell it. =/

Yes it is more valuable to someone original than with a ribbon. That style of hat works well with a rope hat band. A german alps style of hat.