Advertisements
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Rickson's B-2...a pictorial review of an endangered species!

Advertisements
    And then there's the price ....

And then there's the price ....
    True!
    Thanks,
    Jan

"Out into the cool of the evening strolls the pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams begin and end there."

One of the Regulars
    Jan is absolutely right. These Buzz Rickson's B-2 jackets are really fantastic. I'm almost ready to pull mine out of the closet for the third year now that the weather turned cooler. They are comfortable right out of the box and they just keep looking better year after year.

The nice thing about the B-2 is that it has a wide range of comfortable temperatures (at least for me). It's good in cool autumn rain and when the cold winter wind starts biting, the collar goes up and covers most of my face and I'm ready to go.

Congratulations on a fine jacket, Jan. You will definitely get a lot of use out of it.

Regards,

Noel

Jan, I'd say it's partly that, but a lot more to do with the fact that these jackets were never really that widely issued, damn few and far between have survived (one original did surface in pictures on the Lounge recently), they weren't worn during the war, and so unlike the B3/A2/Irvin/whatever, a generation of kids haven't grown up with romanticised images of B2s being worn....
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

The unique nature is a plus to me. It's like riding a Triumph instead of a Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Rufus, who used to post here (his job keeps him too busy for forums these days) has one of these, so I saw it in person a couple of years ago. Absolutely stunning jacket. In some ways I prefer it to the B3. I would adore to have one of these myself, just never quite had the cash to hand....

It's a real shame, IMO, that Aero don't give the B2 a go, I think they could make a gorgeous version.
    I'd love to own one of these as well - Not going to happen at present unfortunately, which means I'll be stuck trying to find one second hand in a year or so!

Thanks again fellas!

Edward
    you are absolutely right about the lack of WWII aura. The B-2 really is a good looking and well made jacket with lots of useful features...it just happened to enter service a decade too early!

I'm sure that Aero could bring it back to life if they wanted to. The BR version doesn't display any degree of workmanship Aero couldn't duplicate. The B-2 is not rocket science.

Just out of curiosity I've already found a German company that manufactures woven and knitted moquette fabrics made from natural materials like wool, silk, cotton and mohair. Steiff and Kösener use them for the highest quality line of cuddly toys. So you know it's quality...

This German fellow here is made from 100% mohair with virgin wool warp. That stuff would be ideal for a B-2 lining, although it will be expensive:

Thanks,
    Jan

"Out into the cool of the evening strolls the pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams begin and end there."

Quote Originally Posted by ButteMT61 View Post
    Wow Jan, that's gorgeous!
    You're pretty cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by fifty150 View Post
    you're pretty cute too.
    !

Thumbs up

This Jacket is Very Nice, Fits you very well, Thank you