Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Ebay finds and purchases

Show off your Ebay finds and purchases

I keep seeing people mentioning things they find on ebay in different threads (the tie thread or any of the many things Marc Chevalier finds, for example), and I thought it would be easier if there was a specific thread we could post on to show off what we bought or if anyone finds a great deal. I looked but didn't see one.

Anyway.... here's what I bought recently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_2113wt_1398 (great store for sunglasses and I found them thanks to the Fedora Lounge!)

If anyone finds a great deal or buys something, I'd love to see it

Edited to add:
    *Please add the links too, so people can find the sellers in case they have other great finds and as Marc said "it also saves winners the time and effort of uploading pictures onto photo-hosting websites, then posting links over here to those hosted pictures."
    Last edited by rue; 09-22-2011 at 04:50 PM.

"Kissing a man without a moustache is like drinking champagne without bubbles”

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it.~ Gracie Allen

Quote Originally Posted by rue View Post
    I keep seeing people mentioning things they find on ebay in different threads (the tie thread or any of the many things Marc Chevalier finds, for example), and I thought it would be easier if there was a specific thread we could post on to show off what we bought or if anyone finds a great deal. I looked but didn't see one.

Anyway.... here's what I bought recently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_2113wt_1398 (great store for sunglasses and I found them thanks to the Fedora Lounge!)

If anyone finds a great deal or buys something, I'd love to see it
    Great shades....How is the moving and settling in going?

Kirk

Thanks Kirk
    So far so good, thanks for asking!

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it.~ Gracie Allen

"In Chile..."
    Great idea, Rue!

I recently won a vintage leather pocket watch lapel strap after years of trying to obtain one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180722990386 I'll wear it on a tweed jacket.

They were originally made for British military officers in World War I. In the 1930s, fancier examples were marketed to Americans.

Last edited by Marc Chevalier; 09-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thank you

Wonderful find Marc!

Thank you

Wonderful find Marc!
    He always has great finds. I am starting to feel like someplace there has to be a manual I never got issued for treasure hunting! Really! And it is not just that he finds great items, he really knows the good from the bad, and should be working for some art institution in the vintage clothing department as well as having his own store/business!

And you started this thread like putting bread on a plate with butter on it! Hahah!

Incurably Addicted V.C. Brunswick's Avatar
    Some of my recent eBay finds (mostly books):

1980s vintage Soviet military watch.
    (3AKA3 MO CCCP -- Zakaz Ministerstvo Oborony SSSR -- By order of Ministry of Defense USSR)
    still awaiting delivery from the Ukraine
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110735487048...84.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330593636539...84.m1439.l2649

Published in 1930
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/310341040361...84.m1439.l2649
    Last edited by V.C. Brunswick; 09-22-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyHats2 View Post
    And you started this thread like putting bread on a plate with butter on it! Hahah!

Wonderful V.C.!
    You should put the links too, so people can find the sellers in case they have other great finds

"In Chile..."

Wonderful V.C.!
    You should put the links too, so people can find the sellers in case they have other great finds

Agreed. Links to completed auctions also save winners the time and effort of uploading pictures onto photo-hosting websites, then posting links over here to those hosted pictures.
    Last edited by Marc Chevalier; 09-22-2011 at 03:34 PM.