Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movember Mo - who's in?

Movember Mo - who's in?

Well I am - in memory of my cousin, who died far too early of prostate cancer.
    And then I also get a chance to grow a mustache without my wife complaining

Join the movement - make a difference:
    http://uk.movember.com/
    "There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!'

I might give it a try, again. I did this last year, and I ended up not shaving until nearly three months before I gave into pressure to shave it all off. It was itchy, and my facial hair is thin and light. Does just growing long sideburns count? I've been sporting these up till my last haircut when I decided to trim them a bit. They were almost mouth-level at one point, three inches long.
    Romans 10:9
    Sincerely,
    J.B.

Got that already covered..thanks!

Already got a donation, and the mo hasn't even started growing yet...prospects are good!
    "There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!'

I look ridiculous with a tache - I think it's the combination of that and the shaved head, I'm not sure.... something about it on me just screams wannabe military. (Which is ironic, as I've never had that reaction to myself when I wear an Irvin or any of the items of military or military style clothing I have appropriated for my own look over the years). Anyhoo, it just looks ridiculous. And did when I experimented with facial hair back when I had head-hair, come to think of it. On those grounds, I will not be partaking myself. It is, however a worthy cause - Spitifre, is there any way I can sponsor you online? Do you have a 'justgiving' page, or similar?
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

Practically Family Phineas Lamour's Avatar
    I have an agreement with my wife that I can stop shaving in November. I might shave the beard after a couple of months and keep the moustache a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I look ridiculous with a tache - I think it's the combination of that and the shaved head, I'm not sure.... something about it on me just screams wannabe military. (Which is ironic, as I've never had that reaction to myself when I wear an Irvin or any of the items of military or military style clothing I have appropriated for my own look over the years). Anyhoo, it just looks ridiculous. And did when I experimented with facial hair back when I had head-hair, come to think of it. On those grounds, I will not be partaking myself. It is, however a worthy cause - Spitifre, is there any way I can sponsor you online? Do you have a 'justgiving' page, or similar?
    Thank you Edward - you could try this:
    http://dk.movember.com/mospace/1458882
    Or do a search for me (Søren Parup) on the international site!

(edit)
    Just tried that - with no result. Must be the problem with the "ø" and the "o" - so no luck on the international site - there is only the danish version left. And there you can only donate in danish currency - so you might as well just donate to the cause on the UK site. But thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Spitfire; 10-20-2011 at 05:51 AM.

A year ago I had a spectacular set of muttonchops for a show. My new main squeeze, however, prefers me clean shaven. But I may strike out on my own for this.
    "Hello. I'm Mr. Hardy, and this is my friend, Mr. Laurel."

Was thinking about it...you're not supposed to start growing until November 1st right?

One of the Regulars boushi_mania's Avatar
    I had a beard for most of July and August. I think I'll be sitting out this year.
    Latest hat:
    Lawrence & Foster tweed flat cap in Lovat Mill "Orkney"