Page 299 of 804 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 8036

Thread: What's for Dinner?

But they're artisanal tortillas made from a special hybrid corn that's only grown on a farm that Rue owns.
    "I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order."
    ...Eric Morecambe, OBE
    http://www.facebook.com/victor.brunswick

Near the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum
    Quote Originally Posted by V.C. Brunswick View Post
    But they're artisanal tortillas made from a special hybrid corn that's only grown on a farm that Rue owns.
    Farm, ranch and Horse breeding stables----Arabians don't you know.
    People think they are so rebellious and original, when really they are just banal, boring and dumb.

Curried beef with rice

I love beef curry. But I hate the fact that it takes all day to cook the damn thing. Make the sauce, dice the beef, put the beef in the pot, and then cook the hell out of it for nine hours or some obscenely long time.

There are instances where we've cooked curried beef and it takes so long, we literally forgot it ever existed. And then we wonder why there's a pot on the stove. I recall at least two times where we let the sauce boil dry and the whole thing was burnt.

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Funny, she doesn't look Arabic to me.

Last night we had tacos. I cooked the meat in the pressure cooker and it came out great. A bit more prep than the last time I did this, because I've learned to take most of the fat out, otherwise it comes back on ya about 2am.
    Cooked the meat about 20 minutes and it came out as if I'd cooked it for hours.
    Much easier than getting up every 5-8 minutes to stir the meat in the skillet...for 45 minutes!
    Last edited by Gregg Axley; 01-24-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangas View Post
    Curried beef with rice

I love beef curry. But I hate the fact that it takes all day to cook the damn thing. Make the sauce, dice the beef, put the beef in the pot, and then cook the hell out of it for nine hours or some obscenely long time.

There are instances where we've cooked curried beef and it takes so long, we literally forgot it ever existed. And then we wonder why there's a pot on the stove. I recall at least two times where we let the sauce boil dry and the whole thing was burnt.
    Slow cookers are wonderful. My wife has a number of recipes in which she does the prep (cutting, chopping, etc.) the night before, and puts everything in the icebox overnight. The next morning it goes into the slow cooker, along with liquids and seasonings, and she's off to work. And then we come home to a delicious-smelling house and have a nice dinner.
    Don

Feel younger than you look, and
    Act younger than you feel.

One of the Regulars
    Had spicey honey-orange chicken: thinly cut chicken breasts batter fried with a honey-orange sauce comprised of honey, frozen orange concentrate, orange zest, crushed red pepper, garlic, and green onions served over rice. New favorite. Earl

Dinner tonight is the same as last night - the leftover curry. Not complaining. It's good curry

Soup?! You feeling ok?

Quote Originally Posted by V.C. Brunswick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Axley View Post
    Funny, she doesn't look Arabic to me.

"Kissing a man without a moustache is like drinking champagne without bubbles”

In those days the best painkiller was ice; it wasn't addictive and it was particularly effective if you poured some whiskey over it.~ Gracie Allen

Incurably Addicted AtomicEraTom's Avatar
    Do NOT feel like making anything. Long day, shoulda stopped at the Golden Arches. Anybody wanna come cook me dinner
    -Tom N.

I tell it like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dnjan View Post
    Slow cookers are wonderful. My wife has a number of recipes in which she does the prep (cutting, chopping, etc.) the night before, and puts everything in the icebox overnight. The next morning it goes into the slow cooker, along with liquids and seasonings, and she's off to work. And then we come home to a delicious-smelling house and have a nice dinner.
    The slow cooker is mighty fine appliance. My wife has cooked a whole chicken in it and several times a pork roast. It does quite well as a set it and forget it dinner device, especially for Sunday dinners: load it up with soup or stew, go to church and upon return it's ready to serve up.
    Let me dig this solid cat and see what jumps in that wig of his that's causing all the flip on the vine.