Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see your Rolex watches

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    1952 Rolex Super Oyster - wearing it right now

1957(?) Millgauss.

1970's Explorer I
    I'd love to see this Milgauss, please... Superb watch; The modern recreation is nice enough in its green glass variant but doesn't match the original.

Whilst strictly speaking it's not a Rolex, a 50's Tudor Prince Oysterdate, with large rose and 'thunderbird' bezel.
    -TTO

My Mail is Forwarded Here PrettySquareGal's Avatar
    Still wearing the Ladies' Oyster Perpetual Date I received as a gift in 1985.
    2014 feels like a creepy uncle who keeps trying to kiss me. I want to dodge it as much as possible!

Last time I landed at O'Hare I reckon they off loaded my luggage before the plane touched down. I got it, but in pieces.

Early in my career I worked as a facility technician at an international airport here.

There are many places where luggage conveyors pass through unattended spaces. Too tempting for some.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you were at least financially compensated.

Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Last time I landed at O'Hare I reckon they off loaded my luggage before the plane touched down. I got it, but in pieces.

Early in my career I worked as a facility technician at an international airport here.

There are many places where luggage conveyors pass through unattended spaces. Too tempting for some.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you were at least financially compensated.

Talbot
    You're not the only one to have had problems at O'hare...

I can not show you my Rolex - bought a Oyster Datejust in 1982. 6 years later - in 1988 mys son was born and, as you see on the picture, he always had an eye for it. (just look where his little hand is!)
    So - when he graduated in 2005 - I passed it on to him, and now he wears it with great pride and joy in London town.
    Last edited by Spitfire; 11-10-2011 at 02:13 AM.
    "There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!'

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    I can not show you my Rolex - bought a Oyster Datejust in 1982. 6 years later - in 1988 mys son was born and, as you see on the picture, he always had an eye for it. (just look where his little hand is!)
    So - when he graduated in 2005 - I passed it on to him, and now he wears it with great pride and joy in London town.
    If only you'd had that mo for Movember Søren :-)
    "Lead, they're shooting at us!"
    "That's OK, they're allowed to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I'd love to see this Milgauss, please... Superb watch; The modern recreation is nice enough in its green glass variant but doesn't match the original.

Its had some work, and I would not call it any more original than grandpa's axe....

Thank you. Seems the lume has a nice patina. Was it still Radium, or had they already changed to H3?

Radium I think - not sure. It is a very low contrast dial when wearing it. A black face would have been better and glare from the domed acrylic doesn't help.

Difficult to read at a glance and harder under water.

The bracelet is wrong, but the correct riveted one is outside my discretionary budget right now. I have a Nato (ish) strap, but its way too long.