Thread: Charcoal pinstripe suit material

New In Town

Charcoal pinstripe suit material

Hello all,

I've been on the lookout for a suitable suit fabric but have not really come up with anything that completely hits the spot. I had a double breasted suit in mind, and my material of choice is a medium to dark charcoal pinstripe.

Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction of a fabric supplier that has such a fabric?

I must confess to being totally ignorant on the technical details of fabric, but what I had in mind was a medium-to-dark charcoal pinstripe material, the pinstripe being a light or medium grey, with the spacing about half an inch. The material shouldn't have a sheen to it, but rather that ever so slightly rough look you get with weightier wools.

As a guide, here's some pictures:

Both of these fabrics look perfectly suitable, except for the colour, which I'd like a little darker.

I'd be most appreciative of anyone who responds - I'm a bit out of my depth here and would welcome any advice.

Incurably Addicted
    Sounds like you want flannel. Here is a charcoal chalk stripe that may fill the bill.

Try Tessuti at Surry Hills. They have a fantastic range of fabrics. My husband has had several suits made for him by Skin Deep tailors. You won't be able to buy fabric from them, but they do have an excellent range of suiting fabrics should you buy a suit from them.
    Last edited by lolly_loisides; 12-14-2011 at 06:37 PM.

New In Town
    Thank you both for the replies - I've begun to chase up both leads. Cheers!