Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Beauty Box thread

Ok, the box is now in the hands of the USPS, on the way to RetroGIJane!

Ooooh I'm probably too late for this, put me down for the next one please

I think now that I've done this once, I'm even more excited for the 2nd Round. I hesitate to buy any new cosmetics right now..the stuff i took out the last time, i loved so much, i use it almost exclusively Can't wait to see what I find this time!

One of the Regulars katiesparkles's Avatar
    Wohooooo! Can't wait till it gets to me!
    I already have some stuff set aside for the box and there might be more... Weee

^ That is great to hear, olive & katie! I can't wait to see what kind of goodies everyone gets!

On another note, I have heard from SwingingBee, and we are back on track - the box is on the way to RetroGIJane. So probably come Monday, GIJane will have *two* boxes to choose from and combine! So all of you ladies are in for a real treat with all the goodies coming your way!

Oh YAY!!!
    First of all, I'm glad that SwingingBee is well and nothing happened! Second of all... THAT'S AWESOME!
    And thinking of it -- would it make sense to get a bigger Flatrate box? Or do they only have a certain size? *sratch head*
    Last edited by katiesparkles; 04-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.

We've been using the Priority large flat rate, so the cost is the same for everyone ($15). It is the largest one the USPS offers. I guess RetroGIJane is going to have to: A. be greedy, B. leave some stuff out & hold onto it, C. learn to pack really, really well.

I may actually re-pack into a different box because I will be sending to a non-US country. I have been told at the post office that when items are in priority mail boxes, they are not eligible for all types of international shipping, and so putting in a non-priority box when it gets to me might save me (and the other int'l shippers!) a little money. (:
    "The sum of all human wisdom is contained in these two words: Wait and Hope." - Alexandre Dumas

The rules may be different going from the U.S to Canada, but when I sent the last box back to the U.S., it was in the original box..i think the post office just ignored the fact that it was in the Priority box. I was also pleasantly suprised that they did not give me a hard time filling out the customs form.I have heard some crazy stories about how detailed the list of items needed to be. I admit i was pretty vague ..but it was pretty painless.

Oh my, beauty box Tetris - sounds fun!!