Advertisements
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: 9mm or 45cal

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Inusuit View Post
    Sort of like the old saw: A good big man will alwlays defeat a good small man.
    I don't know about always, the right little man, could beat the big man. 5'7" did beat 7'2"!
    Four wheels move your Body, Two wheels move your Soul.

Here's my thought, I'd love to carry something like a Walther PPK and the minute I pull it, it transitions in a 1911 .45. But that doesn't happen. The .45 is an awesome weapon, and if you watch on youtube the various bullets and their penetration into ballistic gel, and the various calibers, it is amazing.

But, if you won't carry the .45 because it's too bulky, get really good with the .22, .380 or 9mm that you are comfortable with and WILL carry. None of them do you any good at home in the gun safe if you need them.

Southern Illinois USA, right in "Bloody Williamson" county
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Here's my thought, I'd love to carry something like a Walther PPK and the minute I pull it, it transitions in a 1911 .45. But that doesn't happen. The .45 is an awesome weapon, and if you watch on youtube the various bullets and their penetration into ballistic gel, and the various calibers, it is amazing.

But, if you won't carry the .45 because it's too bulky, get really good with the .22, .380 or 9mm that you are comfortable with and WILL carry. None of them do you any good at home in the gun safe if you need them.
    And remember, a hit with a .22 beats a miss with a .45.