Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Show Us Vintage GERMAN Suits

Wow, what a dashing suit. This one-button peak-lapel style could have come right out of one of the Romanian photos.
    Easily the best all-black suit that I have seen so far.

There is nothing wrong with either the shoulders or the color.
    Love the "pagoda"-shaped shoulders. Quintessentially 1930's. The width is perfect.

And those sharp lapels! The zipped fob pocket is an unusual extra. Lot's of curious zipped Euro-suits lately!

Congratulations to this stunning find.

Quote Originally Posted by Papperskatt View Post
    Here's my Swedish "2 suit" that I mentioned a while ago. I actually only paid 20 SEK for it which is closer to 1.7, but 2 is easier to say.

Attachment 17228Attachment 17229Attachment 17230Attachment 17231Attachment 17232Attachment 17233Attachment 17234

I bought it at a estate auction in my village, and the deceased was likely the original owner. I live in a very small village, I'm pretty sure that there's less than 100 people living here! Needless to say, I was the only one bidding on it. Sure, it's black and the shoulders are a tad too wide but that's something that I can live with for the price.

It's in great condition! There are a few very small, almost impossible to see, holes in the trousers but that's all that I've been able to find.

The previous owner had the trouser legs slimmed down to a meager 7.5", but I've let them out to their original 10" width.

There used to be a tailor a couple of hundred metres from my house in the 30s, I suspect that's where it was made.
    Last edited by Fastuni; Today at 05:10 AM.

One of the Regulars Papperskatt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastuni View Post
    Wow, what a dashing suit. This one-button peak-lapel style could have come right out of one of the Romanian photos.

There is nothing wrong with either the shoulders or the color.
    Love the "pagoda"-shaped shoulders. Quintessentially 1930's. The width is perfect.

And those sharp lapels! The zipped fob pocket is an unusual extra. Lot's of curious zipped Euro-suits lately!

Congratulations to this stunning find.
    Thanks! I was considering doing a photo shoot inspired by those Romanian photos, but in the end I decided to just do some regular photos. I have a pair of beat up boots that would have been fitting for that, and I bought a really cool coonskin cap at the auction (4!).

I guess that I'm just used to the narrow shoulders of the 10s and 20s. I used to hate black suit, but I've softened a bit lately.

i love the trouser details. it must be the bargain of the decade !

the jacket and trouser length is very short -almost too short- but that's all subjective and debatable. great suit.

p.s. what height are you ?

One of the Regulars Papperskatt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herringbonekid View Post
    p.s. what height are you ?
    164 cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Papperskatt View Post
    164 cm.
    Baron Kurtz size !

My Mail is Forwarded Here Flat Foot Floey's Avatar
    I don't think it looks too short. Great suit. Forget the anti black bias. It's an american/british thing but continental europeans liked their black suits.

Agreed. Also with the length, shoulders and lapel styling I would say ca. 1938.

Compare this Soviet chart:

Last edited by Fastuni; Today at 06:57 AM.

Love it! One button, rare zip pocket, nice waistband! Now that's the best way I can think of spending 1.70!
    Let's hope that some of the bigger men of your area part company with their suits (maybe some who had a 44 inch chest and 38 inch waist ).
    "I know I believe in nothing, but is my nothing."

Rank & File: A British Cinema Blog