Advertisements
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Show Us Vintage GERMAN Suits

Advertisements
    Broccoli I am very happy for you - both suits fit perfectly!

The ADEFA suit is 1934-1938 - the timeframe when it was denoting "Deutsch Arisch" instead of only "Deutsch" (as was the case 1933 and 1939, the year ADEFA was dissolved).

Of course I am particularly glad that you like the peak-lapel striped suit so much.
    As I presented this suit on this thread before, I have no problem with taking credit for being the source of this beauty.

Here a frontal shot:

Last edited by Fastuni; 11-02-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli View Post
    I can honestly say that is the best outfit I've seen here on the FL for some time. Absolutely spot on! Every detail, even down to the shape of the watch, is perfect for the outfit.

And yes, I'm sure we would all like to see more details of the suits.

What is the shirt you are wearing with the pin stripe suit? It has a very high collar stand.

(For some time now, this thread has been the most exciting source of vintage suit photos. Keep up the good work!)
    "I know I believe in nothing, but is my nothing."

Rank & File: A British Cinema Blog

One of the Regulars
    Thank you everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    Does the button on the breast pocket actually close the pocket, or is it for show? A couple Romanians from the Acsinte archives have the button detail, but a pocket square is stuffed in the pocket so they were clearly only decorative on their jackets.
    You are right, it seems common for such buttons to only be decorative. But on this suit, all the buttons are fully working. I am not sure how I like it, since I can't wear a pocket square to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastuni View Post
    Broccoli I am very happy for you - both suits fit perfectly!

The ADEFA suit is 1934-1938 - the timeframe when it was denoting "Deutsch Arisch" instead of only "Deutsch" (as was the case 1933 and 1939, the year ADEFA was dissolved).

Of course I am particularly glad that you like the peak-lapel striped suit so much.
    As I presented this suit on this thread before, I have no problem with taking credit for being the source of this beauty.
    Thank you for the ADEFA-info! I had my thoughts around 34 and couple of years forward for this one. I am glad you want to be credited, your suit finding ability is outstanding, I do not even want to know how you found the striped one.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Types View Post
    I can honestly say that is the best outfit I've seen here on the FL for some time. Absolutely spot on! Every detail, even down to the shape of the watch, is perfect for the outfit.

And yes, I'm sure we would all like to see more details of the suits.

What is the shirt you are wearing with the pin stripe suit? It has a very high collar stand.
    Thank you very much! Although I don't think this is my best outfit with the suit, I liked it better when worn with a cream/khaki coloured soft collar shirt and a dark red tie. The watch is Swiss/Swedish and from the 1930s. I like it very much!

The shirt to the striped suit is just a normal Swedish shirt (with detachable/replaceable cuffs!), the collar is the "Arrow Gothic". I wear a size 14 and collars are over abundant in that size.

One of the Regulars
    What size of suit do you wear, Broccoli?

One of the Regulars
    Quote Originally Posted by Burma Schave View Post
    What size of suit do you wear, Broccoli?

Roughly a 36, why?