Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1930-40's OVIATT'S NECK TIE EXCELLENT CONDITION

1930-40's OVIATT'S NECK TIE EXCELLENT CONDITION

There is a little over an hour left on this auction. How high can this tie sell for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-40s-OVI...torefresh=true

"In Chile..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny J View Post
    There is a little over an hour left on this auction. How high can this tie sell for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-40s-OVI...torefresh=true

$132.50. I'm glad that years of being the lonely educator/cheerleader for "Oviatt's" history are finally bearing fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Chevalier View Post
    $132.50. I'm glad that years of being the lonely educator/cheerleader for "Oviatt's" history are finally bearing fruit.
    And I do rememember you talking about Oviatt's clothing store.

"In Chile..."
    This WWII officer's cap from "Oviatt's" did well, too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

That seller Johnny J is my old Homie, since age 13, He has a appointment only store now... he has some crazy stuff...
    City Vintage, Roberto & Jula
    Good people.... i seen all his hats he posts they are clean.....bought a lot of top grade hats from him.
    good thing im on the family plan !

"In Chile..."
    Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    That seller Johnny J is my old Homie, since age 13, He has a appointment only store now... he has some crazy stuff...
    City Vintage, Roberto & Jula
    Good people.... i seen all his hats he posts they are clean.....bought a lot of top grade hats from him.
    good thing im on the family plan !

Roberto Isola: a great guy with a great pencil mustache! I first met him years ago through Ben McGinty. (Do you know Ben, seabass? He used to be one of Southern California's best vendors of vintage menswear.)

Familiar Face
    I cosign seabass. I've purchased from Roberto back when his garage was his studio. Amazing stuff! He recently had a vintage fashion show out in SF a few weeks back. If I'm not mistaken, this tie was there.

"In Chile..."
    Quote Originally Posted by gamez32 View Post

I cosign seabass. I've purchased from Roberto back when his garage was his studio. Amazing stuff! He recently had a vintage fashion show out in SF a few weeks back. If I'm not mistaken, this tie was there.

Roberto is one of the very few vintage clothing dealers from whom I've bought things directly, at full price. His eye is impeccable.

Roberto Isola: a great guy with a great pencil mustache! I first met him years ago through Ben McGinty. (Do you know Ben, seabass? He used to be one of Southern California's best vendors of vintage menswear.)
    M C no i dont know B M , But he knows every body for sure.... we went to juinor high & hung out he was a sharp Pachuco....
    He came over for dinner when Art Fawcett did also man i learned a lot & i thought i knew about hats (NOT)
    I think they bought Arts hats when he retired from vintage clothing store Art had a big store in Crockett & Rodeo.
    Art recognised a few of my classics ,Me & roberto used to cruiz in my 53 hudson lowrider, he had a 37 olds
    Man im glad im on the family plan now

Quote Originally Posted by gamez32 View Post
    Yea i felt bad but i was at the inspiration show on the Queen Mary. Roberto said go cause the inspiration show had more stuff i wear daily
    Roberto is mainly High End Elegant attire,, but he has hats for all tastes he is the big head hat guy killer hats in large sizes
    Gamez you got the caddie right im che from the mission dist.