Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regarding Tuxedo Etiquette

Cincinnati, where it happens last, if at all.
    The consensus on another forum is that it's certainly reasonable to wear a stroller or morning dress into the evening if the event straddles 6:00PM. On the other hand, as one poster points out, no one will probably notice or comment one way or the other.
    Trying for 'Sigmund Freud' but ended with 'Willie Nelson', instead.

Cincinnati, where it happens last, if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasseur View Post
    My advice would be to pick the outfit you wanted for the ceremony and wear that the whole time rather than changing. At the end of the day its your wedding and you both are setting the dress code.

I've read in an etiquette book or two (I want to say in one of my vintage Esquire ones and also an old British men's wear guide... but not sure) that its fine to keep wearing the daytime wear (ie the morning dress, etc.) from the afternoon event throughout the evening's later activities. I've done that myself at my own wedding, and I've had that happen at several of the weddings I've attended.

EDIT: oops Cobden just beat me to it...
    I see others already made this point. Better to wear morning dress into the evening than evening dress in the afternoon. Of course, this redundancy didn't keep me from posting twice.
    Last edited by filfoster; 03-02-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Trying for 'Sigmund Freud' but ended with 'Willie Nelson', instead.