Advertisements
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 30īs jacket

Advertisements
    The one piece back, without the half belt, probably gives a longer look, but the actual length looks fine to me. Nice looking hide too, should break in really well.

One of the Regulars
    I'm going to break with the group - I think it is too short. It's a beautiful jacket, I really like the clean lines and the hide but IMO it should be longer [Full Disclosure: I prefer a longer jacket. It broke my heart but I sent a brown FQHH zip sleeve Highwayman back to Aero for the same reason - it was shorter than I had ordered; Amanda offered a full refund and another lounger bought it so I guess everything turned out ok.]

One of the Regulars
    You did a great job adjusting the style of the 30's half belt. The back length, shoulders, and overall fit is dead on. The sleeves really look long but some people like that look and you pull it off well. But I do think you could go with at least another half inch in the front length. But only if you zip the jacket and your belt is exposed.

It might be hard to get a jacket exactly the length one orders.

The sleeves is also a little mystery. They are longer then they should be....I ordered +1" but they look more like +1.5"
    Its not a big problem tho since they will shorten alot with the double leather cuffs.

It bugs me that it is 0.5" shorter then I wanted, but I agree that it really looks good in the pictures. Any longer and it will start to touch the backpockets and I dont want that at all, infact I find it really annoying.
    I gotta snap a few more pics with different jeans before making my mind up completely.

The jacket covers the belt all around, zipped and unzipped.
    It is exactly as long in the front as my 2 other Aero jackets - perfect.

One of the Regulars
    That's great!!! I really like the look of the back without the half belt. I hope the sleeves shorten up a bit on my HWM with some wear. They were a tad long but not enough to send it back to be shortened. Congrats on the jacket!!

Call Me a Cab
    If you think it's only .5 of an inch too short, why worry? It's hardly a noticable amount. I think it's too short as well but I'd say 1.5 - 2 inches to my taste. And taste is all it is. I think it looks okay in the photos and I've seen shorter jackets that people think look okay. It helps when you are thin too. Short looks more planned than accidental. Nice hide.
    Last edited by Seb Lucas; 03-06-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Outstanding Griff!

Jacket length looks just right, especially for this style. 30s HB has to be my favourite of all the Aero patterns.

Please update with pics once you get some wear on the oil-pull.
    "His dirty workclothes clung to him so gracefully, as though you couldn't buy a better fit from a custom tailor but only earn it from the Natural Tailor of Natural Joy, as Dean had, in his stresses."

www.theaerofile.com

Griff, cool jacket man! A unique set of details and the one piece back makes it even more special. Fit is spot on although I would prefer the side panels to be more tucked in (via buckles). The HB has a waisted silhouette...IMO it shouldn't look like a longer Highwayman but you should make use of the side panels and buckles... But this is just a matter of personal taste. The jacket itself is great!!
    Thanks,
    Jan

"Out into the cool of the evening strolls the pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams begin and end there."

Thanks.

I am planning to strap the sides, and yes it looks better with a little waisted look, but to lock them they became a little too tight, and it just pulled the leather from the front in a wierd looking way. I am planning to wet them and stretch them so I can strap them and lock them without it being too tight. I did it on my Highwayman and it works very good. I just didnt want to do anything before I knew if im gonna keep the jacket or not.

Practically Family
    Griff, as you probably know, the 30s HB is supposed to ride quite high. Lengthen it, and it will lose its distinctive look. The fit looks excellent to me; true, the sleeves are quite long but I think they will come right with time.

Sir J