Advertisements

Thread: Summer Hats!

New In Town

Summer Hats!

Advertisements
    So, once again it's heating up to an oppressive temperature here in central Florida (there is little transition from winter to summer here, really), and I'm left with a formidable collection of hats suitable for winter and formal occasions, but little in the way of light, summery fare . Are there any sort of hats would be conducive to a young '50s style that would keep me relatively cool?
    "Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."- Rufus T. Firefly

I'd go for a genuine Panama weaved hat... You can hunt around on eBay for a vintage -- but Panama Bob's hats are authentic and supposed to be great. You can get a custom one made. I'm in the process of buying one right now.

New In Town
    I was thinking perhaps something more feminine, but I do really love mens' hats on women. I'll be sure to check it out!
    "Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."- Rufus T. Firefly

I find fairly plain vintage panamas don't go for that much on Ebay, as most people want the fancier kind. But then, that's exactly what you're looking for - a plain sunhat. Shouldn't be too hard to find. I've bought two recently.
    There is no time, Madam, at which hats do not matter.