Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you did hide a new leather jacket purchase from wife?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
    sure...but careful with your tone of voice. I think that women can be very emotional over the tiniest things....
    roflmbo!

You Meet The Nicest People

Quote Originally Posted by ButteMT61 View Post
    I'm about to - looking at motorcycles this weekend with my son. It's that last part that's not wife-mother friendly My buddy and I - whose son is my son's best friend, are going out. The wives are not happy with us, so my guess is no leather jackets for me for a while
    This reminds me of a story I just heard from a dealer. If you remember the old, "you meet the nicest people on a Honda," adds. Seems one of his customers wives saw it, she phoned and told him, "my husband and son are comming down to your shop, only sell them a Honda, don't sell them a motorcycle!" Maybe you can show her this add, tell her your not buying a motorcycle for your son!

One of the Regulars
    Hi, I'v just come accross this thread and have really enjoyed reading it, great when it gets a bit fiesty! I can relate to the need to at least put off telling your spouse of your latest purchase. I have in the last two weeks put in an order for my first A2. This will make three leather jackets, not a big deal for some of you guys but my wife thinks i'm crazy and wreckless! I had to own up on this last one when she picked up the Samples sent by Aero. Thank goodness she does'nt know how much my jackets really cost!
    My wife must have 40-50 pairs of shoes and hand bags but thats different or so she tells me!

Everytime I bought a new Irvin jacket, I told my wife, that it was better/more accurate/more "original" than the last one I bought.
    As I am now talking about getting myself THE Irvin to end all Irvins, she just said: Sure, why not - but then you don't need the others. So why don't you sell them? I love that woman!!!!
    "There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!'

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My wife must have 40-50 pairs of shoes and hand bags but thats different or so she tells me!
    Why do women need so many shoes? and where do they store so many of them? in any special room?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Sure, why not - but then you don't need the others. So why don't you sell them? I love that woman!!!!
    Same rule should be applied to shoes Wife purchased a new pair of shoes, therefore wife doesn't need the others. Why do they store them and don't sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerojoe View Post
    Why do women need so many shoes? and where do they store so many of them? in any special room? Same rule should be applied to shoes Wife purchased a new pair of shoes, therefore wife doesn't need the others. Why do they store them and don't sell them?
    It's not just women and shoes. I'm guilty too. I've stopped since I got the jacket bug, but we all have our things...Nothing wrong with it, as long as you can still pay da bills.

Quote Originally Posted by ButteMT61 View Post
    Nothing wrong with it, as long as you can still pay da bills.
    ...and as long as you have space to store them. Do you have a room like this one at home? OMG

http://screen.yahoo.com/sexy-star-s-...-28987056.html

God save my shoes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dk66xz8te0
    Last edited by Aerojoe; 05-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.

One Too Many
    I bought a Drizabone Australian riding jacket a number of years ago, and hid it under our bed. It came to light when we had to move! She was non-plussed about it though!

I hate that whole "women and shoes" stereotype. I have more shoes than most girls I know, and I'm far from atypical in that respect in the circles I've long moved in.
    If in doubt - overdress.

Vivienne Westwood

I don't think it is a stereotype. One thing is a shoe collecting wife, which it seems to be quite common and another thing is a man/husband collecting shoes. Not so common I think.

I myself only have 4 pair of shoes right now, including sport shoes.